OK, I need to start off today’s post by saying HOLY COW YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. I cannot believe how many of you took time to comment on my last post about our staircase. I absolutely loved reading through all of your suggestions and input on what we should do to update those stairs. I’m still not completely decided on anything, so it’s been really helpful to hear what you all think. And I gotta say, I sure love chatting with you guys. Reading your comments and emails always brightens my day and it really is my favorite part of blogging. You are the bee’s knees. Amazing. Wonderful. Super duper. Etc. And I appreciate you being here every day! LVN wouldn’t be half as much fun without you guys. Anyway, I’ll definitely keep you updated on what I decide on the stairs, I’m hoping to get going on that soon. But today is all about Friday Favorites! I really enjoy these posts because they’re just laid back and easy breezy. I love chatting about my favorite things and random tidbits from the week, so let’s hop to it. I have a few fun things to share!
The Best Lotion
So I don’t know how it happened, but somehow I made it to the ripe old age of (almost) 32 without ever trying goat’s milk lotion. Have you guys heard of this stuff? Apparently it’s great for those of us with really dry skin. Well I got some a few weeks ago and it’s absolutely AMAZING. In fact, I never knew I could love a lotion so much. Being in Colorado my hands are always, always dry. Like cracked and scaley kind of dry. It’s not a good look. I’ve tried about a zillion different lotions and everything is either too greasy or it just ends up drying my skin out even more. I started using this goat’s milk body butter about two weeks ago and I’ve been soon impressed with it. Plus it smells amazing, which is a nice bonus.
This stuff literally feels like the creamiest whipped butter, but without the greasiness. It’s heavenly. I got mine from Cowgirl’s Outpost and they have all kinds of delicious smelling lotions. They even have baby lotion, which I’ve been using on the kids and they love it too!
Give Me All The Trees
Lately I’ve been wanting to fill our house with all kinds of different greenery. I know you’re probably thinking “well, you already go overboard with greenery Sarah” and you’d be right. BUT I’m talking about trees. Give me alllll the trees. I mentioned a while back that I bought a pair of fiddle leaf fig trees for the first time ever and I have been LOVING those. Seriously, I don’t know why I waited so long to get my own. Well now I have my eye on olive trees. I’ve been looking at a few options online this week and I am really loving this gorgeous one from Pier 1.
Isn’t she a beauty?! I think it would look so good tucked in the corner of our living room. I have the perfect spot for it. I just need to figure out how to justify another tree purchase to my husband…any ideas?!
here’s a few other olive trees that are great (click on the lower right side of the image for more info):
Universal Threads Purse
Last week that I picked up a couple of items from the Universal Threads clothing line at Target. (I shared what I got in this post!) Well I fell in love with this tote and I went back to grab it this week. I love bigger bags and this one has just enough room to double as a diaper bag. I got mine in cognac, but it comes in several different colors.
Other tidbits from the week:
- If you can believe it, Easter is only 6 weeks away. SIX. Crazy, right?! I’m not really into a lot of Easter decor, but the Hearth and Hand line just got a few new goodies that are pretty cute. But what I’m REALLY loving is their brand new bridal white dinnerware collection. EEK! I have all the heart eyes for these pretty white dishes.
I am crazy about this pedestal white serving bowl. Isn’t it SO pretty?! I have a thing for scalloped edges so this beauty is speaking my love language. I’m also liking this large serving platter. I love the little details and this is one of those dishes you can use all year round.
- My husband and I have really been enjoying this daily devotional lately. We’ve been reading it together every night and even though each devotion is only one page, they’re always really powerful.
- I whipped up a batch of my protein balls this week and I forgot how delicious these are. I seriously cannot stop eating these things. And the kids love them with yogurt for breakfast!
- I noticed that area rugs at World Market are up to 50% off right now, plus you get free shipping with the code SHIPFREE. This super popular ivory jute rug is one of my favorites from their collection.
- Over on Instagram stories I’ve been getting some questions about the retro looking phone in our living room. It’s actually a vintage inspired desk phone and yes, it does work! I love it.
- I found the most GORGEOUS chair in all the land this week. Really, it’s true. This stunning chair is what my dreams are made of. Well other than the weird dog pillow.
- We’ve been working on some super fun updates in the living room and I cannot wait to share those with you guys! I’m hoping to post about them next week, so stay tuned!
Well friends, I better wrap it up here. Thanks SO much for hanging out today! I hope you have a fabulous weekend. xo
Other Friday Favorites you might like: