Well we made it through another week my friends!! How was it for you? It’s actually been pretty chill over here this week. Nothing too crazy or out of the ordinary, which is always a good thing! Call me boring, but I like ordinary. Anyway, today I wanted to pop in quick to share The Friday Five. How are we liking these posts so far? I’ve done a few of them now and I’m actually really enjoying them. They’re just a fun and quick way to chat about what I’m loving each week. Today I’m sharing a fun random mix of things–my new favorite blue light glasses, what I’m currently reading, the top five purchase from the blog in September and more. Grab your coffee or a yummy snack and let’s chat!
THE FRIDAY FIVE
- First off, thank you all so much for the amazing feedback on my faucet/mirror dilemma I talked about in this post. You guys are the best and I really appreciate all the input. I’m still reading through all the comments and we’re going to try to make a decision this weekend! I really want to get that bathroom finished pronto.
- This week I was surprised to be featured in an article by parade.com on the “25 Best Instagram Accounts to Follow for Farmhouse Decor”! I’m number six on the list. What a fun surprise and such an honor to even be included with such amazing accounts!
- I just got these blue light glasses from Amazon and I LOVE them. I’ve been trying to wear them whenever I’m working on my computer or phone and it’s really helped my eyes feel better. Highly recommend trying them out if you work on a screen a lot!
- I’m currently reading Beginner’s Pluck by Liz Bohannon and it’s sooooo good. It’s all creating a life of purpose, while building your passion instead of just trying to find it. It really emphasizes progress over perfection and chasing dreams even when you have no idea what you’re doing. I’m only a few chapters in, but I am loving it so far! And I actually met Liz ten years ago, right after I got home from Uganda. I was so passionate about helping girls and women in east Africa and Liz was kind enough to chat with me about her work with Sseko. It’s so cool to read more about her journey in this book. Definitely a must read! (See this post to read more about my love of Sseko!).
- I rounded up my favorite cozy poufs over on my LTK page! The Avoy pouf in our living room are still on sale!
Thank you all for the incredible support in September! When you shop through my links I earn a small commission and that’s what keeps the blog rolling. Thank you to everyone that makes an effort to do that!! Here are the top five products purchased from my blog and IG in September:
- This cozy cardigan
- This plaid button up
- My favorite slippers
- My LifePlanner from Erin Condren
- The Cooling + Brightening Eye Balm from Tula (use SARAHJOY for 20% off)
Well that’s a wrap. Thanks so much for hanging out with me today!! I hope you have the best weekend. I’ll see you back here soooooon. xoxo