Happy last day of February guys!! I’m so excited today to share a few favorites from the month and also a little recap of how things have been going lately. But first I gotta say, February was kind of a weird month over here. We had a few bouts of sickness for the kids, lots of snow days, doctor appointments and just a lot of challenging days in between. We also had a very scary situation happen with one of the kiddos, which was the kind of moment I’d like to never going through again. Thankfully God was right there with us and everything turned out OK, but that sure ramped up my anxiety big time because it was the kind of thing that reminds you how fast life can change. I don’t say that to be a Debbie Downer, it’s just a reminder that life is truly a GIFT. Each day is a gift from God–the good days and even the hard days. It’s so easy to forget that, but seeing the good and remembering to be grateful can truly change your perspective on life. I know it does for me anyway!
You guys know I’ve been on a major organization kick for a few weeks now and I just picked up these small cream color cotton baskets for my little wooden cubby in the dining room. I love the soft cream color and they’re the perfect size for these small spaces. I also have a few in the front room cabinet, which you can see in this recent post.
Also can we talk about this tiny little postage scale for a second?! I picked that up at an antique store a few months again and I don’t think it’s made it onto the blog yet. You guys know I have an obsession with old scales and I love this one!
More storage containers I love:
Faux Fiddle Tree
My obsession with faux trees and faux plants continues. I just snagged this faux fig tree from Pier 1 and I love it. It’s marked 50% off right now, so it was a heck of a deal! I styled it in this jute rope planet basket, which was the perfect fit. Doesn’t it look real?! This one is better quality than my other faux fig trees from TJ. And it’s taller too!
Best Self Tanner
Lately I’ve been reaching for my go-to self tanner, which is Tarte Brazilliance. I love this one because it’s not super dark, which is great for this time of year when I just want a little color and to not look ghostly white. Plus it doesn’t have that yucky self tanner smell! Highly recommend if you want a natural looking tan.
Over the past week I’ve relied on Peace & Calming to help with my anxiety. After the scare I mentioned earlier I just felt like I was on pins and needles for several days afterwards. This oil is one of my absolute favorites for emotional support–it has a very calming effect on me. I was diffusing it around the clock and I also made a Peace & Calming roller using fractionated coconut oil + 20 drops of the oil. It’s soooooooo good. (More on oils here. And FYI, Peace & Calming is included in the starter kit)
New Cute Boots
My husband surprised me with these cute UGG boots for Valentine’s Day and I LOVE them. The only boots I have are knee high, so it’s great to have something short I can slip on quickly. I’ve been wearing them nonstop lately and they’re so comfy–I didn’t even have to break them in. (I’m wearing my normal size.) I’ve also been loving this dream jeans lately.
I mentioned my two new hoodies from Amazon last month, but I have to share them again because I’ve been practically living in these lately. I have this camo one and then also have one with a gray floral design. I just love them both. They’re so comfortable and lightweight. I have size small and medium, but I prefer the medium because it’s more roomy.
Other tidbits from the month:
- This nail polish in the color Mod About You. So pretty for spring!
- My book of the month for February was Capital Gaines. I actually started reading this last year, but I never finished it. I started again and just finished it a few days ago! I’m a big fan of autobiographies, so I really enjoyed reading this and learning more about the story behind Magnolia Market. This book really went into detail about Chip’s personal journey and all that led up to where they are now. It was a fun and easy read that I found it to be really inspiring. This book is all about chasing dreams and not living in fear, which really speaks to my heart.
- I’m eyeing this accent chair for a little seating area I’m dreaming about doing in our master bedroom.
- I picked up the Neutrogena Healthy Volume mascara in waterproof earlier this month and it’s SOOO good. Definitely one of the best mascaras I’ve ever used–even compared to some of the higher end stuff I’ve tried.
- Still drinking collagen in my coffee every day and loving it. Check out this post to see more about that. One thing I’ve noticed this month is that my hair is growing CRAZY fast. And my nails are definitely stronger too.
Favorite blog posts this month:
Well I better wrap it up here! Big high five if you made it through all of that. I love doing these favorites roundups and I hope you enjoy them too. Thanks so much for dropping by today and every day this month. I can’t even express how much I appreciate it. Cheers to March! xoxo
In this Post:
More posts you might want to check out while you’re here: