Happppppppy last day of January guys!! We finally made it through the longest month of the year. Anyone else feel like that? January always kinda drags on at a snail’s pace, but it’s still one of my favorite months because it’s full of hope, new goals, new dreams, etc. And now that it’s almost February I feel like we’re on the down slope of winter here in Colorado. We still have a ways to go, but spring is inching closer and closer! Anyway, today I wanted to doing a little recap of my January favorites. I thought this would be fun since I’m not doing Friday Favorites anymore with my new posting schedule, so instead I want to do a monthly favorites. But this is a long one, so grab a snack!
Overall January was a really good month. I made some changes in my personal life that needed to be done and that’s helped life feel a lot less chaotic. First, I joined the gym after an almost 8 year hiatus! I wasn’t really planning to do that this month, but one day it just dawned on me that I really needed to start working out again. Both for my physical health and mental health as well. Working out does wonders for my stress and mood overall, so I’m very excited to be back at it. I also started monitoring more closely how I spend my time and I’m trying really hard to be as efficient as possible. Monday’s are usually my big work day, so I try to focus as much as I can on those days and it’s really helping me feel less overwhelmed throughout the rest of the week. I also set the goal to be on my phone less and for the most part I’ve done well with that. I don’t feel as pressured to be on Instagram like I used to–if I have something to share I will, but I’m not stressing anymore about sharing something every single day. This month I also had the opportunity to be a special guest at the Old House Vintage Market, which was so much fun and such a cool experience. You can read about it all here. I also just got some really exciting news, which I’ll be able to share with you all SOON!
This month I’ve tried to clean up my diet as much as possible. I actually added collagen into to my daily routine and I’m OBSESSED. I use my handy little Magic Bullet to mix it into my coffee every morning and it’s so darn good. I even drink it in the afternoon sometimes. It’s really good for your skin and I think it’s helping with my energy levels throughout the day too. This vanilla coconut one is my favorite.
New Winter Coat
Around Christmas time I picked up this super warm coat from Macy’s and I’ve been wearing it a lot this month. My mom actually has one too and she convinced me to get it! It’s become my go-to coat for really cold days and the quality is great. Highly recommend if you need a good winter coat!
January’s Book of the Month
One of my goals this year is to read one book a month. I know that probably sounds pathetic to any of you avid readers in the group, but it’s a good goal for me because I never make time to read in my crazy schedule. This month I read “You are a Badasss” by Jen Sincero. I’d heard amazing things about this book and it definitely lived up to all the hype! I just finished it a few days ago and I LOVED it. There are so many little nuggets of wisdom in this book and it totally changed the way I think about a lot of things. I could seriously write a whole post about it, but the basic idea of the book is that our thoughts determine our reality. Here’s a little snippet:
I picked up two new pairs of sneakers at Target recently and I love them both- especially these pink ones. They are just slip-ons and super comfortable. See similar black ones here (I have my normal size in both). They’re both great for running errands or with a pair of skinny jeans and a sweatshirt.
I picked up this sweatshirt from Target earlier this month and I love it so much. It reminds me that we can have all good days if we’re just wiling to see the good in (almost) every situation.
You all know I’m obsessed with my Antique Candle Works candles and right now they’re doing a huge 50% off clearance sale on all of their seasonal candles. I just got Vanilla, Fall Harvest, Cashmere, and Southern Hospitality. Who cares what season they’re for if they smell good, right?! I’ve been burning this Vanilla one the past few days and it’s SO DARN GOOD.
Other favorites from the month:
- I fell in love with this cozy sweatshirt and I’ve been wearing it a ton lately. You can see a photo of me wearing it here.
- This month I’m trying to get back into my routine of waking up early before the kids so I can do a little work, pray, and just get my mind right for the day. It helps SO much.
- Blue light glasses! I just ordered these from Amazon and I’ve been loving them. They’re great protection for your eyes if you spend a lot of time on your computer.
- I’m still 100% obsessed with my oils. A few weeks ago I ordered a Valor roll-on to add to my collection. I LOVE Valor because it encourages feelings of confidence and it’s basically like magic in a bottle. I used it recently before I had to do a little public speaking and it really helped. I carry it in my purse every day now. I share more about oils and wellness on this page–come follow along if you aren’t already!
- Lately I’ve been kicking around the idea of painting our kitchen cabinets. I kinda love the idea of doing black, which I know probably sounds crazy to some of you. But I just love black cabinets when it’s partied with white tops like shown here.
- We’re officially over a month into having our new recliners and we’re still loving them. I’ve been getting a ton of questions about them, so might do a full review here soon. But so far I am very impressed!
- This month I ordered a couple of hoodies from Amazon and I’ve been so impressed with them. They are super cozy and soft, almost like a t-shirt material. I got this light gray floral one and the camo option as well. Highly recommend and only $20!
Well that’s a wrap for my January favorites! Kudos if you made it all the way thought this post. I know it was a long one. But so grateful to have you stop by today and every day. I always hope my little blog could inspire you or motivate you in some way. Or just provide a happy break in your day! xo