Gooooood morning sunshine and happy Friday!! How as your week?? I don’t know about you, but it sure did zoom by super quick over here. I was a busy little bee working on several fun projects, which I cannot wait to share soon, so I feel like the days just flew by. Plus my little guy was home sick from school with the crud for several days, which wasn’t so fun. Poor guy just can’t catch a break this year–I think he’s been sick once or twice a month since school started back in August. But thank goodness the weekend is here and it’s time to relax a bit. I have some fun things to share today for Friday Favorites! It’s a bit more chatty than usual because I’m sharing some thoughts on gratitude that have been on my heart this week, along with a couple other random things including some gorgeous watercolor paintings!
This week I received the most gorgeous watercolor paintings from Bloom to Brush, which is ghe cutest little shop on Esty. I was admiring them yesterday and of course I had to snap a photo for you guys because they’re just so darn pretty. I love how soft and delicate they are–watercolor is such a beautiful art.
Aren’t these so darn cute?! I love them all and I can’t wait to get them styled around the house. And if you’re looking for a sweet Mother’s Day gift, I think these would be awesome. They’re super affordable and there are lots of custom options to choose from.
Here’s a few others I love:
Thoughts on Gratitude
So this week I’ve been thinking a lot about gratitude and how it’s so connected to our happiness. The more grateful we are, the happier we tend to be. I know that’s pretty obvious, but I really believe that we have to actively search for things to be grateful for throughout our day. And I don’t just mean big, important things like our families or our homes for example. I’m talking about the small things too, like simple moments that we often take for granted or don’t fully appreciate. For me, it’s things like the taste of a hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning. The way the sunshine pours in the windows every afternoon at two o’clock. The way my three year old loves to hold my hand. A bouquet of fresh flowers. The comforting sound of my husband’s voice when he walks through the door after a long day at work. Simple things. But the more I acknowledge those small things and their impact on my day, the happier and more grateful I feel. And I’ve realized that it’s these moments, many of which I take for granted, that truly bring me the most joy on a day to day basis.
Unfortunately, if we aren’t actively searching for these small, happy moments throughout the day, we can easily start to focus more on the negative. At least that’s true for me. My mind can start to drift towards complaining about this or that and it just brings my mood down real quick. You know how it goes–negativity breeds more negativity. But every time we do this, we’re sacrificing our own happiness by putting our attention on the bad instead of the good. If we aren’t intentionally looking for the little moments, soaking them in and really appreciating them, they just pass us by. It’s really just a small switch of perspective, but it makes all the difference in how much we enjoy the day to day. God put that lesson on my heart this week, so I’ve been trying to really focus it more and I hope it resonates with you too!
Other tidbits from the week:
- I shared this brush a while back and I just ordered another one this week because it’s seriously the best. It makes brushing out wet hair so much easier and it’s all I use on my little girl. Worth every penny!
- This dress I ordered finally came in and I LOVE it. I actually like it better than I thought I would and I can’t wait to wear it once the weather gets warmer.
- I’d like to get some new patio furniture for our backyard, so I was browsing the options at World Market this week. All of their outdoor furniture is on sale right now–20% off and free shipping with the code SUNNY!
- A few days ago I stumbled on this Etsy shop that specializes in dainty jewelry, which I love because I’m definitely a minimalist when it comes to jewelry. I thought this honey bee necklace was super cute. And great for Mother’s Day!
- I picked up this bag in the color blush a few weeks ago and I’ve been loving it lately. It’s the perfect happy color for spring!
- I saw this quote on success a few days ago and took a screenshot of it. It’s such a good reminder that success is done little by little. Day by day. Small win after small win. It definitely doesn’t happen overnight, so every day we have to keep working towards our goals and celebrating those small wins because they really do matter.
That’s all I’ve got for ya today! I hope you enjoyed this more chatty Friday Favorites post. Now go have the best weekend ever, enjoy the small things, and I’ll see you back here soon. I have fun post coming up on Monday!
Here’s a few other post you might want to check out: