Well how is everyone doing on their New Year resolutions/goals/intentions?! I actually did a little poll a few days ago over on Instagram stories and I was amazed to see that a huge percentage of people don’t even bother making resolutions anymore. Lots of people said they’re more into making intentions for the new year, which I can totally get behind. I love starting January with new visions and goals in mind. It seriously motivates me and gets me back on track, which I really need after the whirlwind that was 2020. Anyway, today I wanted to share a few of my favorite New Year essentials, which are basically just things I like to buy in January, along with a couple of my goals for 2020!
My New Year Essentials
- New Devotional: I ordered this daily devotional for 2021 and I am already loving it. I got a lot out of the book Power Thoughts, so I know this devotional will be just as awesome.
- New Planner: One of my must-have things for the new year is a fresh new planner. I’m a huge paper planner nerd and the Erin Condren Life Planners are my favorite!
- New Water Bottle: I try to drink a ton of water each day, so I spend a lot of time with my water tumbler. It might as well be cute, right? I just got an adorable one from Starbucks the other day, but I also love this motivational one.
- New Makeup Brushes: Now is a great time to freshen up your makeup brush stash and throw away any old ones that have been hanging on for too long. I just did that and it felt so good! I love the Real Techniques brushes–they’re super affordable and I’ve been using them for years. I just ordered two of these blush brushes.
- New Vitamin Routine: I’m a huge fan of vitamins and I’m actually fascinated by how natural supplements can do so much good for our bodies. I take A LOT of vitamins each day, but I just re-vamped my routine a bit for the new year. I added in these Good Girl Probiotics and I’m excited to see how they work for me. My other daily vitamins currently include:
A FEW OF MY 2021 GOALS
- 5am Wakeup Call: I really want to get back in the habit of waking up early during the week. With COVID happening, I totally let my routine fall to the wayside and it’s been tough to make myself get up early since then. But I’d love to get back into that habit this year. I just get so much done in that quiet time!
- Embrace Courage: I have done a lot of work on myself over the last few months and one of the things I’m working on is embracing courage over fear. I know that sounds cliche, but I think it’s pretty fitting for all we’ve been through in 2020. Instead of praying for God to take my fear away, I started praying for Him to give me courage to face the things I have in front of me. Just that simple switch has helped me so much and I’m going to continue praying that in 20201!
- More Social Media Free Days: One of the hardest parts about what I do is that it can often feel like a 24/7 gig. There’s really no off switch unless you intentionally make it happen, especially when you have a brain that’s going 100mph like mine! I’ve become much better about taking breaks over this last year, but I’d like to continue even more for both my mental and physical health. I’m shooting for at least 2 days off a week and occasionally taking an entire week off.
- Read More Books: One of the good parts of 2020 was that I read a lot of books. I got in the routine of reading every night before bed and it was so good for me! I definitely want to keep that up this year. (I listed my favorite books of the year HERE.)
- Short + Sweet Blog Content: Can you believe I’ve been blogging for FIVE years now?! December was actually my five year blogging anniversary and it’s just so crazy to sit back and look at all God as done in these last five years. I never, ever would have imagined I’d still be here doing this every single week. I really didn’t think I could make it six months, let alone five years. This has all grown beyond anything I imagined and I give God the glory for that. Anyway, I’d really love to focus on sharing more posts here every week. But I often get caught up in thinking that my blog posts need to be long and detailed with lots of photos. I’d love to instead focus more on short and sweet posts in 2021. Like little tidbits of life, new things I’m loving, a quick decor tip, etc! Just quick and easy posts that are fun to read. That’s my goal!
Ok well I think I’ve rambled on long enough today!! I hope you have a fabulous Tuesday. See you back here soon! xoxo