Well hellllllo and happy Monday! So tell me, are we too late to do May Favorites?! Probably. Especially considering we’re already ten days into June (how is that even possible?) but I still wanted to do this post because monthly favorites are always so dang fun. I love taking a few minutes to look back over the past month and reflect on what went well, what maybe didn’t go so well, and also roundup your favorites from SJB for the month too. I always love chatting with you guys, so get comfy, grab your coffee or a snack and let’s hop to it!
May was a busy month over here! We finished out another year of school, celebrated my son’s 8th birthday, went on a quick weekend getaway with the kids, Mother’s Day, etc. It was jam packed, but in a good way. And I have to admit, after deciding to give myself the freedom to blog on a more relaxed schedule I have felt much less stressed this past month. I’ve tried to adopt a more care free posting schedule and even though it’s been hard for me to slow down at times (you guys know I never sit still!) it’s also been really good too. I’m excited to continue on with that this summer and I want to thank you guys for always supporting me and showing up here when I do post. It truly means SO much to me and my family!
My Favorites + New Discoveries this Month
- This hanging swing from Amazon. We put it on a tree in our back yard and the kids LOVE it. (pictured above)
- This amazing pop up beach tent. We ordered this for sporting events with out kids and it’s a great little tent if you need to stay out of the sun.
- Sseko! I shared big news this month about partnering up with Sseko and I’m so excited for this new adventure. I had several questions about you can join as a Fellow, so be sure to check out this page if you’re interested in that. It’s seriously a great way to use your passion for good and make extra money in the process!
- These shorts are my favorite for summer. I have two pair now and I kinda want to order more. They’re so good and I wear them constantly.
- I’ve recently become obsessed with botanical shirts. I have two now and I wear them allllll the time. Amazon actually has several great options that are all really affordable! See them here. And here’s a few of my favorites:
- These “pimple pads” are amazing. I raved about them on IG, but they’re so good if you have a zit pop up and need it gone ASAP.
- This month I re-discovered the SHE Podcast, which is run by Jordan Lee Dooley. I LOVE this podcast and I highly recommend it if you’re a small business owner, entrepreneur, or just a woman that wants to squeeze the most of out every day. It’s SO encouraging and real. I’m also reading her book right now and love it.
- On the topic of reading, my book for May was Girl, Stop Apologizing. I honestly enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. It was very practical and full of great tips/strategies for being intentional and going after your dreams. I highly recommend it.
- I’m obsessed with this skin mist from Tarte. I spray it all over my face after I’m done with my makeup and it’s so good if you want your makeup to have a glowy look.
Top 5 Reader Purchases from the Blog + IG in May
- Again, this maxi dress from Amazon stays at the top for another month. I can’t believe how popular this dress continues to be!
- This little face razor I talked about IG. Great for any peach fuzz!
- The dupe for my initial necklace. I get so many questions about this necklace all the time!
- The brand new sugar scrub from Tula came in hot right at the end of the month. And rightly so, this stuff is AAAAAAMAZING. (get 20% off with SARAHJOY)
- My camo joggers from Amazon.
Top 3 Blog Posts in May
- Summer Clothing Haul from Walmart
- Mayfair Memorial Day Sales Roundup
- 10 Farmhouse Style Summer Decor Ideas
Well I think that about wraps up my favorites from the month of May. I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you so much for hanging out with me today. I have lots of fun summer decor coming very soon, so stay tuned!! xo
IN THIS POST:
More post you might want to check out while you’re here: