I mentioned this in a post last week, but you guys–I’ve somehow managed to write 500 blog posts!! FIVE HUNDRED. How crazy is that?! When I started blogging back in late 2015 I never would have imagined in a million, trillion years that I would make it this long. Really, I had no clue what I was doing and I didn’t know what to expect. When I got started it was very much a “let’s see what happens” kind of thing. And now to still be here, 500 post later is just CRAZY! So today I thought it would be fun to reflect a little on this journey and share a few of the lessons I’ve learned over these past 500 posts!
I’ve said it from the very beginning, but the blog is truly my happy place. To be totally honest, I sometimes have a bit of a love/hate relationship with social media. It’s a big part of what I do, but there are many times that I feel frustrated or worn out from “keeping up”. But this little blog is so different. I feel safe here. Happy here. Inspired here. I feel like this space is truly a gift from God and every day I am so GRATEFUL that I have this blog in my life and all of you that come here every single day to read my posts.
As I think about the journey I’ve been on over these last 500 posts, I can’t help but think about how I’ve poured so much of my heart and soul into this space. I published my very first blog post in December 2015 and since then I haven’t gone a week without posting. (Well, other than when little AP was born!) But aside from that small break, I have consistently shown up here every.single.week. There was even a stretch there where I was blogging five days a week! I’ve put a lot of time and dedication into it and in return this blog has given back in more ways than one. Not only do I cherish the community I have here with all of you, but it’s also given me purpose outside of being a stay at home mom. And even though I’m always mom first, I’m so happy to have this in my life!
5 LIFE LESSONS I LEARNED FROM 500 BLOG POSTS
- Success is a marathon not a sprint. Blogging has taught me that nothing great happens over night. All success in life takes a lot of time, commitment, and heart. Blogging has definitely taught me patience!
- Done is better than perfect. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve had to remind myself of that lesson throughout these past 500 posts. So many times I had to push publish on a post that wasn’t quite perfect in my opinion (maybe the photos could have been better or I second guessed my idea) but I did it anyway because perfection stifles progress.
- Comfort Zones Are Lame. This blog and the experiences it has brought my way have pushed me out of my comfort zone in ways I never thought possible. There are soooo many times I’ve had to put my big girl panties on and get over whatever anxiety or fear was holding me back. And you know what? I always grew from it and never regretted pushing myself out of those comfort zones.
- Do What You Love. So many times in life we get caught up in what we “should” be doing and we keep ourselves from pursuing what we love for fear of what people will think or our own limiting thoughts. But blogging has taught me to really push past that fear and chase after what I love. Life goes too fast to do anything else.
- Create Your Own Path. I started this blog to share our fixer upper journey, but over time it has slowly evolved to become more than just a blog about home decor and DIY. At first I was really nervous to stray from what I thought was expected of me as a “home blogger”. But now I chat about everything from skincare to clothes to even a few recipes here and there. I LOVE mixing it up and sharing new things I enjoy. And I think giving myself the freedom to adapt and create my own path is what keeps me excited about blogging.
I honestly can’t even put into words what your support has meant to me over these last 500 posts. Today I’m celebrating all of you–THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE. Thank you for supporting what I do, especially through my rebrand last year. Thank you for leaving comments and chatting with me. Thank you for dropping by every day to see with I’m up to. Thank you for EVERYTHING. Love you looooooooong time. Here’s to 500 more! xoxo