Happppppy July!! Can you believe we’re already this far into the summer?! My kids are halfway thru their summer break, which is hard to even wrap my mind around. The days and weeks just seem to go extra fast in the summer. But it’s been a great break so far and we have our beloved Rosemary Beach trip coming up later this month. I can’t wait to sit on the beach, soak up some of that beautiful ocean, and relax! Anyway, I wanted to start bringing back my favorite here on the ‘ol blog. I used to do this weekly back in the day, but I think a monthly round-up of favorites is fun too!
This month has been all about summer sports. My son is doing competitive swimming this summer, which has been a pretty hefty commitment. He has swim practices four days a week (bright + early in the morning!) then a private swim lesson on Fridays, and swim meets on Saturdays. It’s been a lot, but he’s doing so well and really enjoying it! My older daughter is also doing softball, so between the two sports it’s been a busy month. But everything wraps up here in about a week, so things will slow way down, which will be nice.
Last week we snuck away for a quick trip to Mount Princeton Hot Springs, which is one of our favorite places to go every summer. It’s near Buena Vista, Colorado and just absolutely gorgeous. If you’re ever in Colorado you definitely need to visit!
With the kids home for summer break it’s been a tad bit challenging to find time to work. Or maybe I should say it’s been challenging to find the motivation to work because most of the time I just want to hang out with them and do fun summer things. But I feel like I’ve found a pretty good balance this past month of work/play. I’m learning that things can wait, I can go at a slower pace, and I can say no more often. It’s always a balancing act, but I feel very grateful that God has given me this opportunity to work from home and do something I love while also being with my little fam!
This month I found an awesome Pottery Barn coffee table dupe from Target for our living room. I can’t believe how similar it is to this one for a fraction of the price! Highly recommend if you need a new coffee table.
Here’s another great Pottery Barn dupe! I found this oversized woven trunk from Target, which is super similar to this one I’ve been eyeing for years from Pottery Barn. It’s huge, so it’s a great spot to hide extra blankets, toys, pillows or whatever else you can fit in there! The console table here is also from Target.
This basic white tank was a very poplar item for me this month. Lots of you guys ordered it and love it too! It’s $8 and comes in a few colors. I also recommend this great, affordable bra for tank tops. My layered necklace was also a favorite this month–it’s currently on clearance for less than $20!
I just got this (very) oversized button down--I’m wearing size small. I love it over a tank top with shorts!
black shorts // sandals // button down
My favorite house update this mont was definitely painting the kitchen island black! I can’t get over what a huge change that made in this space. And I have zero regrets! I feel like it gives the kitchen and this whole space the perfect amount of contrast. We painted it Iron Ore by Sherwin Williams. See more of the before and afters in this post.
Other things I loved this month:
- This new protein powder–I make a shake with it every day. SO good.
- This glow sunscreen for my face. LOVE it.
- I’ve tried really hard to clean up my eating this month. I’ve cut way back on sugar and processed food. I also started taking beef liver supplements, which I now sounds gross, but I think it’s really helping with my energy levels. I’ve been on it a month now and I can 100% feel a difference in my energy throughout the day. It’s also got a ton of other health benefits. I get mine from Amazon.
- My black shorts from Walmart–on sale for $10!!
- This brow wax.
- These magnetic accents for the garage door. These will transform the look of your garage in a matter of seconds. Watch my reel to see!
- I’ve only worn this makeup on my skin all month.
- This boho style throw from Amazon. Not really something to curl up with, BUT it’s pretty laying over the couch. I have two of them now!
Well I hope you had a happy and healthy June! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by the blog today. I always appreciate it!
SHOP THE POST: