Friday Five: Quarantine Life, Plans for the Future + More
Well how is everyone doing in quarantine?? This is seriously the most bizarre situation right now and I’m kind of a roller coaster of emotions to be honest. The kids are out of school for the next month and life feels very strange to say the least. But I really want to look back on this time fondly, so I’m doing my best to stay positive and keep things fun for the kids. I know it won’t be like this forever and in a way this time at home with no distractions is a blessing if we’re willing to see it that way. And before we know it life will be back to normal. Wonderfully normal. Anyway, I hope you’re hanging in there too and staying healthy! Today I have a fun Friday Five post for you. I’m chatting about a few things I’m trying to do everyday in quarantine and also sharing some random tidbits from the week.
My Daily Quarantine To-Do List
- ORGANIZE: One of the things I’ve been doing to pass the time with this quarantine is to organize and clean one room a day. I love the feeling of being productive and it’s nice to have that control over something. The world may be in chaos, but at least my house is organized, right?! RIGHT.
- DANCE. Seriously, we are dancing fools over here. We’ve been cranking up the music lately and dancing around like maniacs with the kids. I recommend at least a 20 minute jam out session every day. Just turn the music on and zone out. It’s very therapeutic.
- WORKING OUT. I love working out to help relieve stress and anxiety. I’m still doing my Beachbody On Demand Workouts and also trying to go for runs as much as possible.
- LAUGHTER. I really believe that laughter is the best medicine and it’s so important in our daily life, especially now. We’re trying to keep things very light hearted and fun around here with as much laughter as possible.
- PRAYER. Now more than ever I’m trying to really dig deep into my prayer life. There’s nothing that comforts me more than prayer and time with God, so that’s a big focus of mine right now.
Random Tidbits From The Week:
- Antique Candle Co is launching a huge 25% off sale TODAY! They just released a new Mango Citrus scent for spring and I can’t wait to get my hands on it.
- I’m currently reading Fervent, which is SOOOO good. It’s about praying in a more strategic, specific, and intentional way. And I gotta say, it’s been a great comfort to me over these last few days of uncertainty.
- I just ordered this cute wooden bench (it’s currently on clearance!) and I’m planning to put it in our landing area upstairs. I also snagged these curtains for our living room.
- We recently started using Home Chef and it’s been ammmmmazing. We get two meals delivered each week and it’s especially nice right now with the grocery stores being so low on food. It’s also great that we don’t to leave the house. I have a coupon if you want to try it out! You can use SARAHJOY100 to save $100. Whoot whoot!
- If you follow along in IG you might have seen a few of my Dino Tales videos I do with the kids. We basically dress up in dinosaur costumes and do ridiculous things. It’s awesome. Well yesterday we made a new video about life for the raptor in quarantine. It was SO much fun and I decided to upload it to YouTube too! Watch it HERE if you need a good laugh.
- I mentioned in my post yesterday that I want to blog as much as possible over the next few weeks in an attempt to distract myself from all the craziness happening in the world. This blog is 100% my creative outlet, so I’m excited to dig in and get my creative juices flowing. (PS: I’m not planning to send out an email to my subscriber buddies with every new post because that could get annoying. I’ll still be sending out emails occasionally, but I’d suggest checking back here frequently if you need a daily distraction too!!)
Well that’s a wrap for me today! Thanks so much for dropping by the blog today. I hope you have a great weekend. Sending lots of love and positive vibes to you. xoxo