It’s Friday!! Cue the jazz hands folks–we made it through the week. The kids’ fall break is almost over now and it sure was nice to have a more laid back schedule this week. We did a whole lot of nothing, stayed in PJs most of the time, and just hung out. It was awesome. Anyway let’s chat about a few random things from the week, shall we?! I’m sharing a new recipe I just tried out, some holiday decor finds, and a little update on my blog layout.
THE FRIDAY FIVE
- I recently started using my new planner from Erin Condren and I’ve really been enjoying it. There are a few extra blank pages for each month, so I decided to start writing down one Bible verse for each month. For October my verse is 2 Timothy 1:7: “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” I LOVE this verse and I kinda wish I could have it engraved on a bracelet or watch.
- This week I did a little blog re-design in order to make all of my content easier to find. I created a new menu, which includes categories like recipes, beauty, gift guides (which I’ll be adding to very soon for the holidays!) and lifestyle posts. I also have a new shop page, where you can shop the decor/furniture in my home, plus all of my favorite lifestyle products. Check it out here!
- It’s coming up on one year since my rebranding and I can hardly believe how fast this past year has gone. I might write a whole post on it, but I’m still so, so, so happy I decided to make that change despite a few bumps in the road. It was the best decision!
- This week I tried out this recipe for paleo pumpkin bread. It was actually pretty easy to put together and everyone LOVED it, even the kids. It’s so yummy and I’m already planning to make another loaf this weekend.
- Yesterday I rounded up some great holiday decor from TJ Maxx. They were doing free shipping, so I browsed through the new home items and found a ton of affordable Christmas pillows, throw blankets, and holiday decor. I know it’s a bit early, but they have some great bargains! You can check out all my finds here.
Shop the pillows:
Hope you all have the best weekend! I’ll see you back here next week. xo