I have to be honest–this has been kinda a rocky week for me. There’s been a few things going on behind the scenes that I haven’t really talked about, plus I’m struggling to find a sense of home here at the new house. In a lot of ways I really miss the old house and I’m just not feeling all that connected to this new place. I know that will take time, but I feel super guilty about having those emotions. This is a beautiful home and many of our dreams have come true with this property, but it just doesn’t feel like home yet. I’m not there yet in my heart, which worries me a little considering we’ve been here a month already. It’s a weird spot to be in, but I’m hoping that feeling comes soon–especially as we do more projects that make it feel more like us and give this place more character. That’s the struggle with new build homes–they lack that old house charm and character that I love so much. Now I have to figure out how to add that in as much as I can! Anyway, sorry to ramble. Let’s get on with today’s post–I have a few random tidbits to share today today for Friday Favorites!
Random favorites from the week:
- I started putting out a teensy bit of fall decor this week. I just did a few pumpkins here and there, but I plan to do the porch this weekend and then hopefully add more in the house. I’ll share that soon!
- I ordered this carpet spot remover on Amazon earlier this week and it’s AMAZING. It took a couple of old stains out of my rug and it even took spots off my dining chairs. Highly, highly recommend.
- Lately I’ve been doing a lot of Google-ing on the benefits of apple cider vinegar, so I ordered these gummies from Amazon and I love them so far–they help with appetite control and bloating. I’ve also been taking these elderberry drops for extra immune support.
- The drywall was finished in our basement this week! I’ll share an update on that soon, but I cannot wait to get that space finished. It’s going to almost double the size of our house.
- I’m still OBSESSED with this So Pumpkin sugar scrub from Tula. I seriously use it every single night and it’s quickly become one of my very favorite Tula products everrrrrrrrr. It legit smells like pumpkin bread!! (SARAHJOY saves 15%)
- My favorite set of baskets is back in stock!!
- The Amber Lewis home collection just launched at Anthropologie and it’s all so pretty.
- Our beams in the living room are hopefully, hopefully, hopefully getting installed in the next week. They’ve been pushed back a zillion times for various reasons, but it’s happening soon and I’m so excited. Here’s a sample of what they will look like:
Well that’s a wrap for me today. Thanks for being here with me on the blog every day. I truly appreciate your support, encouragement, and love. It means so much to me! xo