Dang, I can’t believe it’s already time for another monthly favorites post! April was jam packed with lots of fun and exciting things, like Easter with the kids, my first ever collection launch with Cloth & Cabin, and the day I got to take over the LikeToKnowIt Home account on IG. All in all it was pretty darn awesome and now we’re officially into May, which is one of my favorite months of the whole year. My little guy’s birthday is coming up, Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and HOPEFULLY warmer weather is headed for Colorado. I’m ready for it all! Anyway, today I wanted to share a roundup of some favorites from the month. I also wanted to chat about a few changes that have been on my heart lately.
I’ve been LIVING in my Levi’s jeans all month long. Really, I have to keep myself from wearing these every single day. They are SO darn comfortable. This is my second pair and they’re worth every penny. These are the same 721 jeans, the distressing is just slightly different. Also loving this tote and these sandals. Camo shirt linked here.
My Favorites + New Discoveries this Month
- The very best no show socks–these actually stay on your feet!
- My Hoover cordless vacuum. I’ve raved about this thing a lot lately on IG and it’s one of my favorite household told ever. I use this at least 3 times a day. No more sweeping!
- These cute vintage inspired postcards.
- Favorite easy dinner recipe. I made these 3 times this month!
- This nail polish in the shade Be There in a Prosecco. It’s the perfect creamy color. SO pretty!
- This TED talk is amazing if you need a kick in the pants/motivation to get fired up about life. This one on the 5 Second Rule is also really great too.
- This gorgeous, dreamy mirror.
- Tula’s new Major Glow Cooling & Brightening Mask. This mast just laucnhed in April and it’s SO good. It gives your skin a glowy, fresh look without making it feel greasy. The mask is really luxurious and definitely feels like something you’d get at a fancy spa. My coupon SARAHJOY is good for 20% off the entire Tula site.
- After three and a half years, I finally updated my free Craigslist chairs in the dining room with these black vintage inspired chairs. I planned to do a whole post about them, unfortuatnely that didn’t happen. But I’m LOVING these chairs so much and I think they’re a great deal for the price–set come in a set of two. I also got a set of the matching armchairs for the ends of the table.
Top 5 Reader Purchases from the Blog + IG in April
- White Striped Maxi Dress from Amazon (making the list again!!)
- Initial Necklace
- Shift Dress from Walmart
- The Best Tote Bag for $15
- Comfy Strapy Sandals
Top 3 Blog Posts in April
- Spring Clothing Haul from Walmart (this post was a HUGE hit!)
- Simple Bathroom Refresh + DIY Tray
- 20 Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Slowing Down + A New Schedule
You guys know I have poured my whole heart into this blog for 3.5 years now. It has been and continues to be my happy place. It’s what I LOVE doing and I’m so grateful for all the ways this blog (and all of you!) have blessed my life over these past few years. But for a while now I’ve struggled to keep up with things like I wish I could. Posting three times a week has been challenging, especially with two of my little ones still at home with me full time. But I’ve resisted making any changes to my posting schedule because I never wanted to let any of you down. I ALWAYS wanted to show up every single week with three fresh blog posts, no matter what it took, and I never budged on that. But last weekend I realized I have to slow down. I need to slow down in this precious season of life before it passes by. And with summer quickly approaching, I want to free up more time in my schedule for my family. So starting now, I’m going to let go of the MWF routine for a more relaxed posting schedule. I’m going with the flow from now, which means some weeks I might blog twice a week and sometimes I might only get in once a week. I honestly don’t have a set plan and that’s what I’m really excited about right now. All I know is I want a slower pace.
I wanted to share this news with you all today to give you a heads up about what my summer plans look like for the next few months. I still have lots of fun ideas and posts to share, so things will keep rollin’ here, just on more of a relaxed schedule! I know most of you totally understand how hard it is to balance mom life and all the things, so thank you for the continuous support and encouragement–you all know how much it means to me! xo
IN THIS POST: