5 Tips for Decorating a Console Table
Call me a nerd, but one of my favorite things to do is decorating our console table. I just love turning on some relaxing music, getting a fresh cup of coffee, and re-styling that little space. It’s therapeutic for me, especially when the world seems chaotic. It also forces me to slow down and focus on just one thing, which is honestly a struggle considering my mind is running 8172 mph at any given moment. Anyway, I just finished decorating my console table so I thought it would be fun to share it with you lovely humans today! And I have a few of my go-to decorating tips at the bottom of the post.
I ordered the faux wood lamps from Target and I love how they basically match the color of this table! That was a happy accident, as Bob Ross would say.
Here are a few little tips and tricks to make decorating a console table easier:
1. Start in the middle of the table with a focal point. This can be a piece of artwork, large mirror, or maybe even a large family photo.
2. Add decor in groups of three on either side of the focal point. Obviously you can change that up if your table isn’t quite big enough, but I love doing small groupings of three on the ends of the table.
3. Choose items that compliment each other in color. That makes the whole vignette flow nicely!
4. Add height with things like lamps, candle holders, a vase of beautiful flowers, etc.
5. Have fun with it and make it what YOU love, regardless of design “rules”.
what I used to style this space:
Thanks so much for dropping by the blog today! I hope this gives you an idea or two for decorating a console table. xoxo