We’re back from our Spring Break trip to Texas and I’m already missing the warm weather. It was SO nice to have a few days to escape the cold and snow, to just relax in the sunshine the kiddos. We soaked it up and had a great time. And now that we’re home, I thought it would be fun to round-up some of my warm weather favorites. I’m sharing the one piece swimsuit I wore, coverup, favorite sunscreen, and more.
swimsuit (size medium) // sun hat
sun hat // cover-up // sandals
Warm Weather Faves
- Isle of Paradise Super-Size Self Tanning Drops--I swear by these drops! I use these for my face only, but they give the perfect tan/glow. I usually use shade medium, but I just amped it up to the dark shade for spring/summer.
- CC+ Nude Glow Lightweight Foundation + Glow Serum with SPF 40–This CC cream is brand new, but I am loving it so far. And I know it’s going to be a staple this summer. It’s ligher weight than the origonal CC cream, but it still has sunscreen. Plug it gives the prettiest glow.
- Women’s Tie-Front Midi Cover Up Duster–I got this swim coverup for our trip to Texas last week and I love it.
- One Piece Swimsuit–I also wore this in Texas and it’s a great swimsuit. I always feel most comfortable in a one-piece and I really like this one. I got size medium.
- Burt’s Bees Squeezy Tinted Lip Balm–this is a great tinted lip balm. Super moisturizing and I like the color Peach!
- Shell Print Plastic Aviator Sunglasses–great aviator glasses with the plastic frame, which means they don’t get bend in my pool bag!
- EltaMD UV Elements Tinted Moisturizer with Broad-Spectrum SPF 44–I was totally slacking on my sunscreen use, but my favorite medical spa nearby recommended this one recently and I LOVE it. Plus it’s tinted, so it’s great to wear by itself.
- Straw Boater Hat —Every gal needs a good wide brimmed hat for summer. I have this one and really like it.
- Brazilliance 2HR express deep foaming self-tanner–This self-tanner is great–it gives a nice, dark tan, but what I love most is that’s it’s vegan and doesn’t have a bunch of junk in it.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion–this is our go-to suncreen for pool days!
- Time and Tru Women’s Footbed Slide Sandals—I’ve had several pairs of these sandals and they’re super comfortable. Total Birkenstock dupes for a fraction of the price!
I miss Texas, it’s my home. I live up North now. While it’s nice there now in 2 months it will be horrible the heat will be so bad. Good thing you went now.
Read the poem, “The Journey,” by Mary Oliver. Your post today reminded me of it. Change and transformation are definite themes in it and being brave enough to change our individual story to do what is meaningful for our lives despite our own or others voices holding us back. It’s a good one.