Happy happy happy Friday, good lookin’! How was your week? It’s been busy over here. I have about 41 decor projects going at once and a dozen more that I’m dreaming about doing. I don’t know what it is about this time of year, but I always feel so motivated to get stuff done. You know I’ve been decluttering like a mad woman, but I’ve also been working on a few projects that I can’t wait to show you guys. I’m starting to focus on rooms that I don’t share very often here on the blog, and I’m actually really excited to show you all more of our fixer upper home projects. There are a loooooot of rooms that have been neglected for far too long, so that’s my goal for the next few months. It’s going to be fun to share our progress with you guys, so stay tuned for that. But today is all about my favorites from the week. I have a random mix of things to share, so grab your coffee and let’s do this thang.
A few weeks ago my husband and I were out doing a little junkin’ to celebrate our anniversary and we came across these gorgeous vintage chairs. They reminded me a lot of those old wooden theatre seats, so I had to snag them.
I’m not sure yet where I’ll put them yet, but I styled them here in front of our window seat just so I could show you guys. Aren’t they cool?! I don’t know any history on these, but I sure do love them. I tell ya, my obsession with vintage decor and old wooden chairs is out of control. I’m like a crazy cat lady, except it’s chairs and not cats. This week I also bought four wooden chairs from Goodwill. I’m crazy I know, but they were only $5 each. I couldn’t help it! I’ll be sharing those soon, so stay tuned!
Vintage Inspired Black Wall Frames
I picked up these vintage inspired black wall frames from the Hearth & Hand line at Target recently, and I really love them. I want to start displaying more photos around the house and these are perfect. These come with a piece of cardboard that is made to look like vintage paper, so I just put the photos directly over them to give it more dimension and character!
Aren’t they so darn cute?! I kinda want to buy a few more before they sell out because I love them so much. I’m really digging black lately, so these frames are perfecto.
Finding Time E-Course
Last January, I took an e-course that was all about time management and finding ways to simplify life. At the time I really needed help with my schedule as a stay at home mom/full time blogger and I desperately needed to get a grip on how I managed my days and weeks. Well the course had a HUGE impact on me and it really taught me how to define my priorities, be efficient with my time, and take care of myself in the process. And it gave me the confidence to say NO to things that I don’t have time/energy for. Well the class is only available twice a year and I wanted to let you guys know that it’s open for enrollment right now. And it just went on sale for 50% off with the code 50JAN2018. Whoot whoot!
There is the main course, which is six hours of audio, and that’s what I took last year. Plus there are three new mini-courses too. I seriously loved this class and I learned so much. It’s a great way to start the year, especially if you’re looking to find ways to slow down and take control of your daily schedule. You can read more about it here. Enrollment is open until Sunday!
My New Rug!
Yesterday on Instagram I shared a little peek at my new rug for our master bedroom, and OMG you guys, I LOOOOOOOVE it so much. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I ordered this rug and I’m absolutely smitten with it. I got an 8×10, and it’s the perfect fit. I can’t wait to share the little makeover I’ve been working on in our bedroom. But for now, here’s just a little peekero for you!
Other tidbits from the week:
- I just signed up for a free month with Audible, which is full of amazing audio books. One of my goals for 2018 is to read more, but since I don’t have a lot of quiet time to just sit and read, I thought it would be fun to try audio books. I love the fact that I can be cleaning or working on a project (or decluttering!) while listening to a book. So far I love it and I’m excited to see how many books I can get through.
- I ordered a pair of these gooseneck barn lights for the reading nook and I am soooooo pumped to show you guys how they look. I’ve been wanting to add some pizazz to the reading nook for a while and these are perfect.
- We set up Avie’s crib in our room this week and I’ve been working on styling up a cute little corner for her. Our room is actually pretty big, so there’s plenty of space to make her a little mini nursery. I’ll be sharing that soon, so stay tuned!
- Somehow I stumbled across this quilted throw blanket on Amazon and I ordered it for our bedroom. It reminds me of the quilts my grandmother used to make and I LOVE the scalloped edges.
- I saw an image on Pinterest this week with the quote, “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will“. It stopped me in my tracks because I feel like it’s 1000 percent true. And to be honest with you guys, I’ve been struggling with a lot of self-doubt lately. So I decided to take a screenshot of the image and save it as my iphone lock screen just as a reminder to stop doubting myself and my abilities and JUST GO FOR IT. I encourage you to do the same if self-doubt is holding you back from doing awesome things.
Well that’s a wrap on Friday Favorites today my friends. I hope you all have a super weekend and I’ll see you back here bright and early Monday morning! xo