You guys, I’m running in my first ever 10k this weekend. Eeeek! I’m actually really excited about it, despite the fact that I don’t feel all that prepared. I’ve been running consistently for about two months now, but I’m not naturally a great runner, you know what I mean? It’s just something I’ve fallen in love with recently and I really enjoy it. So far my furthest run has only been five miles and let me tell you–that was pretty dang painful towards the end. I’m not sure how I’ll manage to squeeze another couple miles in there, but it’s happening! And to add to the fun, my husband is running with me too. Fingers crossed we make it. Anyway, today I wanted pop in with a few random tidbits from the week!
The Friday Five
- This week I came across Bethany Hamilton’s website and I instantly got pulled in. She wrote a quick post about “mastering the daily” and it really resonated with me. She talks about how if we are consistent and dedicated, focusing on living each day well, the rest of our story takes care of itself. So simple, but SO true!
- It’s been a few weeks now and I’m still going strong with no coffee in the afternoon. And I have to say–I’m actually liking the change. I know that sounds like pure craziness coming from a coffee addict like me, but I was drinking WAY too much. I think it was adding to my anxiety more than I realized. Plus I was always dehydrated. I’m drinking more water throughout the day now and sparkling water in the afternoon when I want something “fun” to drink. I feel like my energy levels are more consistent and I’m also sleeping better now too, which is a HUGE plus.
- We had snow here in Colorado yesterday. Yep, SNOW. We got about two inches and it was freezing cold, so I busted out my favorite winter coat. It’s actually 50% off right now, so check it out if you need a good coat for winter this year. It comes in a few color options and I wear a size medium.
- Tula just launched a line of products specifically for acne prone skin and I’ve been using it for a few weeks now. The cleanser is awesome and they even came out with a really great spot treatment. Highly recommend if you or someone you know struggles with breakouts! (As always my Tula coupon SARAHJOY is good for 20% off.)
- I made slow cooker cinnamon applesauce on IG stories last week and I’ve had so many people write me to say they made it too and loved it! I know a lot of you aren’t on social media, so I wanted to share the recipe here!
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce
- 6 medium Gala apples
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar depending on how sweet you want it
- 1/2 cup water
Peel and cut the apples. Place in crock pot with sugar, cinnamon and water. Cook on high for 3 hours. When done cooking, use a whisk to stir until smooth. Best when served warm (we love it with ice cream!). This recipe makes a small batch. I recommend doubling or even tripling it if you want left overs!
Happy weekend buddies!! I’ll see you back here next week. xoxo