Well helllllllo there and happy Friday to you!! Anyone else feel like this week went by super quick? I usually don’t feel that way, but this week seemed to FLY by. And I’m not complaining. I’m ready for the weekend, football, and relaxing time with the fam. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to start a new little series here on Fridays called the “The Friday Five”. These will be laid back, chatty, posts where I share five random things from the week or anything that’s on my heart. Kinda of like the old Friday Favorites posts I used to do, but this will be short and sweet. And also just a fun way to chat with you guys!
The Friday Five
- This week I set the goal for myself to not look at my phone for the first hour of the day. I actually got this idea from a video I saw by Mel Robbins on Instagram, where she talked about how important it is to avoid your phone for the first five to ten minutes of the day. She mentioned how every time you look at your phone to do something like check email or look at social media, you’re inviting the world into your mind, heart, and emotions. I managed to stick to my goal all week and now it’s something I want to continue doing as much as I can! I’m also challenging myself to not look at my phone for the last hour of the day too.
- On Monday I found a vintage, 18 drawer wooden cubby for $50 at one of my favorite consignments shops. It’s seriously one of my best finds ever and I can’t wait to show you guys what I did with it!
- I still haven’t ordered faucets for our new bathroom vanities. And it’s been like two and a half months. Terrible, I know. But I just can’t seem to find what I want without spending a FORTUNE. I had no idea bathroom faucets could be so expensive. I love this one here in vintage brass, but is it worth the money?!
- Last week I decided to stop drinking coffee in the afternoon. Sounds crazy, I know. But I measured out how many ounces I was drinking each day and I realized it was an insane amount of coffee. Like up to 64 ounces some days–I use huge coffee mugs! Insane, right?! I needed to slow my roll way down. So I’ve replaced my afternoon coffee with sparkling water–I like the Bubly drinks from Target. And so far it’s not terrible!
- The other day I asked my followers over on Instagram if they read blogs anymore. And I was surprised to see how many people responded and said they no longer take time to read blogs (or do so very little) and instead just go to Instagram or Facebook for everything. That honestly made me a little sad because I love blogging, but it does seem to be changing. Are people too busy for blogs nowadays? I’m not sure, but things definitely aren’t like they used to be–especially now with IG stories. It makes me wonder what the future of blogging looks like.
Reminders + Sales:
- My coupon for the pillows from With Lavender and Grace is still good! You can use “sarahlovesfall” to save 20% on any fall pillows.
- The big Erin Condren sale is still going strong if you need a planner or family calendar.
- My favorite wrap bracelets are buy one get one free!
Well thanks so much for stopping by the blog today! I love chatting with you guys, so I hope you enjoyed this post. I’ll see you back here on Monday! xoxo