Helllllo from the winter wonderland of Colorado! You guys, we’ve had a TON of snow these past few days. I’m talking non-stop snow that just keeps piling up. It’s kinda crazy, especially considering we’re still in OCTOBER and have six months of this weather ahead. Ugh. Trick-or-treating tomorrow night with the kids is going to be absolutely frigid. But you better believe we’ll still brave the cold in search of candy and Halloween merriment. Anyway, today I thought it would be fun to share six drugstore beauty products I’ve been loving lately. All of these are super affordable and I even have some great dupes for high end products!
Six Drugstore Beauty Products I Love
- L’Oreal Magic Skinbeautifier BB Cream: This is a new favorite for me–I actually just grabbed it from Target last week and I am SO impressed with it. I have the anti-redness option and it’s seriously a magic worker. It goes on green and somehow blends in perfectly with my skin tone while cancelling out any redness. And best of all–it doesn’t break me out!! I’ve been wearing it with a little undereye concealer and bronzer for those days that I just want a really natural makeup look. Or you can even wear it under your foundation to help even out your skintone. Highly recommend it!
- NYX Buttergloss in Cream Brûlée: This has been my go-to favorite lipgloss for years now. It’s even better than other more expensive options I’ve tried. And you can’t beat it for three bucks a tube. I keep some of this in my purse, in my car, in my makeup drawer, etc. It’s the perfect soft pink shade!
- Pixi Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach: This undereye color corrector is the BOMB. It’s so good for dark under eye circus and it’s a total dupe for the much more expensive undereye corrector from Tarte. I love using this under my concealer when I need some major coverage!
- L’Oreal Brow Stylist Shape & Fill Pencil: This is another dupe for a high end product. This brow pencil from L’Oreal is soooo similar to the Anastasia brow definer pencil and it’s half the cost. It has a very similar texture and feel. I love it!
- Real Techniques Everyday Brush Set: If you’re looking for a quality, affordable set of makeup brushes I highly recommend these. I’ve been using these Real Techniques makeup brushes for years now and I can’t say enough good things about them. They wash well and the quality is great. No need to buy expensive brushes in my opinion!
- Welly Skin Saver “Zit Patches”: I’ve raved about these zit patches on IG many times, but they’re amazing. I use these for any breakouts or zits that pop up–they’re basically clear little bandaids that you put on overnight. (They work best if the zit has been cleaned out–they basically help to suck all the junk out!) Anytime I use these patches my breakouts clear up way faster. They are magic workers!!
Well those are a few of my favorite drugstore beauty products. If you’ve tried out any of these products let me know! Or if you have any recommendations from the drugstore I’d love to hear it too. I always love trying new things!
Here are a few other beauty related posts you might want to check out:
My All-Time Favorite Beauty Products
The Ultimate Tula Skincare Guide–My Top Favorites!
Thanks for sharing. Adding to my shopping list!
Don’t freeze up there.
Sarah> Jeannie S
It’s crazy up here! Snow day for the kids today.
Thank you so much for sharing. I also love the NYX lipgloss in Tiramisu.
Sarah> Kristy Bettcher
Oh I love that color too!
Hope the littles and your hubby are feeling better. Maybe the cold and snow will freeze that bug to death!!
Thanks for the tips! I added the L’Oreal Magic Skinbeautifier BB Cream to my Target list and am hoping it covers some rosacea redness.
Have a great week!
Sarah> Kaaren Scharpe
Yes! Give it a try and let me know what you think Karen. xo
I went out and bought the BB cream, the foundation brush, and the welly patches. I don’t feel like the BB cream works well, I even tried a lot, Maybe if I blend it out with my fingers? Not sure yet but I am loving it under my foundation. My skin looks beautiful! Love the brush! I tried the welly since I had a nice big blemish on my chin it did help lessen it but not totally make it go away next time I clear it away first! You should try the Garnier rose spray water that stuff has made a huge difference on my skin! I generously spray my face neck and chest twice a day right after my showers, I shower for like 5 minutes in the morning to wake up and shower my real shower at night before bed. Anyways my skin has cleared up and is super soft!
It’s called Garnier soothing facial mist.
thanks for the tip, Jeriqa. I’ll be sure to check out that Garner facial mist!
What drugstore do you go to? Other then Target I wonder if CVS or Rite Aid carries these. I love this post…more affordable but effective is a bonus!!
I’m sure other gals, As I do, appreciate the info, when standing in front of a bizillion products wondering if they are good or not can be overwhelming! Like a wallpaper book…”oh, I like that one, oh no, this is the one, but wait, this is great too”…know what I mean? It’s exhausting to experiment!
Stay warm….in CA we are without power and it’s windy and fires 🔥 around…praying no more start today!
Oh Faith, I’m so sorry. Praying the fires and wind out there calm down soon. And I typically buy most of these products at Target.
Thanks for sharing these products. I like to pick and choose the best products for me and it’s always helpful to see your selections.
Thank you for always sharing great products and clothing with all of us. I look forward to it and end up buying a lot of the things you post! I think you and your family are so cute!!🥰
Hi Sarah, I just started following you in December. I love your posts even though I am probably your Moms age I am a mom if five still have two daughters at home and they find it amusing that I have been following you but I think they both just joined your Instagram ! Looking forward to hearing more about you and all your ideas ! Must say I am a diehard Xmas fan and my decorations will be up longer mainly because I host a large Thanksgiving dinner and can’t decorate till after so we are still enjoying them. But after the fact I will be looking for all those getting organized ideas and starting fresh !