I’ll be honest, this week has been a doozy. We’ve had more snow, more gloomy freezing weather, and not a lot of sunshine. I’m over it to say the least. I’ve actually been handling winter a lot better than I usually do, but here lately I’ve been struggling. It’s about this time every year that I start to question my life choices and wonder why in the world I live in this state. Why don’t I live in Texas? Or Florida? Or California? All valid questions. And the worst part is we have at least three more months of cold weather and snow ahead of us. Sheesh. The winter blues are dragging me down. I’m sorry to complain, but DANG. Sometimes it just grinds on ya and mama needs some warm sunshine! Anyway, enough belly aching. Today I wanted to pop in with a Friday Five post. I have a few random things to share, including some pink sweaters I’ve been loving lately and lots more random favorites from the week. Let’s do it!
With all the gloomy weather we’ve had lately I’ve been wearing lots of bright colors in an effort to trick my brain into thinking spring is coming. I’m not sure it’s working, but I’m still wearing bright colors anyway. I’ve been really into pink lately and I picked up this pink hoodie a couple of weeks ago. I wear it alllll the time! It’s so good. It’s definitely one of my favorites hoodies ever and it comes in several bright colors options. I’m wearing a small. See it HERE.
I also picked up this pink sherpa and it’s super cozy too! This thing is so nice and warm, which is perfect when it’s nineteen degrees outside. And I don’t think I’ve ever seen a sherpa in this bright pink color. I love it! I’m wearing small. See it HERE.
I finally have coupon code again for my Care/Of vitamins! I haven’t had a code since last July, so use it while you can–it’s only good til the end of February. I love these vitamins–they’re completely customized to my needs and lifestyle. You just fill out this super quick quiz and they tell you what they recommend you take. I definitely suggest checking them out if you’re wanting to add high quality vitamins to your daily routine. You can use SARAHJOY for 50% off your first order!
Fresh Flowers + Woven Baskets
Yesterday I stumbled on the best clearance flower jackpot ever. I think it was probably all the leftovers from Valentine’s Day, but I bought a ton of flowers for super cheap. I put them here on our dining table and used my favorite white woven baskets to display them. I just put a large glass jar inside each of the baskets to hold the flowers. Easy little trick! I also did this last year with fresh lilacs.
RANDOM TIDBITS FROM THE WEEK
- This week I started eating a Keto diet, which actually hasn’t been too bad. My mom is a huge Keto fan and she’s always raving about how great she feels, so I decided to give it a try. The first day was pretty awful, but since then I’ve felt good. My sugar cravings are way down and I feel like my energy is picking up. I don’t know how long I’ll stick with it, but I’m liking it so far!
- I’ve also been drinking these all natural ZipFizz vitamin drinks lately and I LOVE them. They’re so yummy and loaded with vitamins. Plus they give me a nice energy boost without any crazy crash.
- Lately I’ve really been enjoying the brand new Tula smoothing primer. It’s honestly one of the BEST primers I’ve ever used and it doesn’t break me out, which is a huge plus. It makes my skin so smooth and it helps my makeup last all day! See it HERE. They also just launched this new makeup removing balm which is also amazing! And as always SARAHJOY saves 15% off any Tula order.
- The botanical prints I just hung in our bedroom are still on sale!
- I rounded up some cute spring shoes HERE and spring pillows HERE.
- We’re adding farmhouse trim to our reading nook in the living room next week and I’m SO EXCITED. I’ve been wanting to do this project for a while now and I think it’s going to make that little nook have so much more pizazz. Can’t wait to share!
Hope you have the best weekend. See you back here soooooooon! xoxo