My Goals for 2023
Believe it or not, January is actually one of my favorite months. I say this every year, but I love the feeling of a fresh start. A new beginning, full of possibilities and new hope. The craziness of the holidays is past us, and now it’s time to clear away the clutter, get ourselves back to a routine, and maybe set some new goals along the way. This week I finally got a chance to slow down enough to think about my goals for the year, dream a little, and plan for 2023. I always find it interesting to hear what goals people have, so I thought I’d share a few of mine with you today!
MY TOP FIVE GOALS:
- Learn How to Invest: I know this isn’t the most glamorous goal, but in 2023 I really want to learn how to invest our money. We are big savers, but I’d love to figure out how to actually use our money in a smarter way than just letting it sit in a back account. I know absolutely nothing about stocks, mutual funds, bonds, etc but I’m excited to learn. We already had a call with a financial planner yesterday, so I’m hoping we can get moving in the right direction soon!
- Meal Plan/Be a Better Cook: One of my least favorite things in life is the daily task of cooking. Thinking of what to cook, figuring out healthy meals, etc is the bane of my existence. My problem isn’t necessarily the cooking itself, but it’s the thinking of what to cook. It’s going to the kitchen at 5pm, after a full day, and coming up with a healthy meal everyone will want to eat. That’s tough stuff, man. Anyway, I want to get better at meal planning in 2023 so I can avoid the daily 5pm “what the heck am I going to cook” dilemma.
- Meditation/Journaling: This past year I dabbled in meditation. It wasn’t something I did regularly, but I did it during times I felt stressed, worried, or just overwhelmed with life. I actually really enjoyed it and got a lot out of it, so it’s something I’d like to do at least several times a week in 2023. I feel like I’m constantly hearing about the power of mindfulness and all the amazing benefits, so I’m going to give it a go and see what happens! Right now I’m enjoying this meditation podcast. I also want to journal several times a week too.
- Blog More: I’ve realized recently how much I miss blogging. I miss sharing here like I used to (this all started in 2015!), chatting with you, and just opening up more of my heart. It’s something I haven’t done as much in recent years because I started to feel like people don’t have time for blogs anymore. Everyone is so busy and video content seems to be what most people want these days. I also think my podcast replaced blogging in a lot of ways for me personally. Anyway, I want to share more here in 2023. I also have a big blog makeover in the works, so stay tuned for that!
- Live Without Fear: Over the last couple of years, I have worked so hard on growing deeper in my relationship with the Lord. He’s walked with me through a pretty gnarly battle with anxiety and in that process I learned so much about trusting Him–even when I’m scared, worried, or overwhelmed. I’ve made so much progress, but it’s still a daily battle at times. And I still find myself with feelings of fear, doubt, and hesitation. Why do we do that? God tells us over 365 times in the Bible “do not fear” yet for many of us, fear holds us back from all kinds of things in life. That’s right where the enemy wants us, but I don’t want to live like that. In 2023, my goal is to dive even deeper into my identity in Christ and who He says I am. (I just started this 8-week course and I’m excited to see what God teaches me.) I want to remember that I already know how to live without fear, I just have to do it. I want to chase big dreams and trust that God will catch me if I fall. That’s my goal for the year.
1 EXTRA BIG GOAL:
I’m calling this one my “extra big goal” because it doesn’t feel like a normal-sized goal. But in 2023, it would be a dream come true to buy either a small house or condo in Florida (or possibly Texas). I would love love love a second home to run away to, especially during the long winter months! Plus it would be so amazing to use the place as an Airbnb. I’m always looking at property, so I’m praying this one falls into place one day.
Well I hope you enjoyed reading a little about my goals for the year. I have many more I could list off, but these are the most important to me. As always thank you for spending part of your day here with me on the blog. I pray you are richly blessed in 2023!