Friday Five: The Best Mascara, Dreaming Big + More
I don’t know about you, but I’m kinda sad that Christmas is only a few days away. I know that probably sounds like a weird thing to say, but it just feels like this last month has absolutely flown by. And to be totally honest, I’ve actually enjoyed this holiday season waaaay more than I have in years past. It hasn’t really been stressful–it’s just been fun and laid back. I wish we could get a few extra days to enjoy this special time of year, but we’ll just have to make the best of it. The kids are officially on holiday break and the countdown is on! Anyway, today I wanted to pop in with a quick Friday Five to chat about a few random things.
- I just signed up for a free online class with Mel Robbins, who is one of my favorite motivational speakers. The class is called “The Best Decade Ever” and it starts in January. It’s supposed to be all about dreaming big and creating every day habits that set you up for long term success. I’m a total sucker for that kind of stuff, so I’m really excited for it to get started! Plus I love the idea of starting out a new year with a game plan. I have big goals for 2020 and I’m ready to get after it. You can read more here if you’re interested in the class.
- This month marks my four year anniversary of blogging! I started blogging in December of 2015, which feels like a lifetime ago in so many ways. I might write a whole post on this, but I’m just so grateful for this happy little space. God has blessed me immensely with this blog and all of YOU.
- The accent chair in my reading corner in the basement is marked WAY down right now. I just ordered another one for our front room. Can’t wait to change that area up after the holidays!!
- I wore this sweater a few days ago and got a lot of questions about it in IG stories. It’s such a great basic! I have it in black and green.
- I spent a few hours last weekend going through the house on a pre-Christmas purge. I got rid of so much stuff!
- I’ve been wanting to cut cable for a LONG time now and we’re finally making it happen. We just got the Roku Ultra, which I’m loving so far. I just set it up this week and it’s pretty cool. Highly recommend if you want to cut cable!
- If you follow me on IG you’ve probably heard me rave about this mascara. It’s seriously the BEST mascara I’ve ever used and that’s really saying a lot because I’m a bit of a mascara junkie. But it’s truly amazing. Look at this before and after photo I took the other day. One eye is sad and bald, the other eye is like BAM!
- Now I realize I look like a weirdo in this photo, but what a difference right?! Every morning I put this mascara on I can’t get over how good it is. And the best part of all is that it actually keeps my lashes curled ALL DAY LONG. I get mine from QVC–they have a two pack for $33 plus free shipping, which is an amazing deal because it’s usually $24 a tube.
- Did you hear that Chip and Joanna Gaines are launching a furniture line with Target?? This will be part of their Hearth and Hand collection (which you know I’m obsessed with) and it’s supposed to launch after Christmas. EEEEEK!! I am so excited!!
- My plan is to finish out the rest of December at a slow pace here on the blog. I’ll definitely be popping in a few more times this month, but I’m looking forward to just slowing down and enjoying this season as much as I can. I hope you do the same!
Well that’s probably enough rambling for now. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. I hope you have the best weekend!! xo