Friday Five: House Hunting Update, Tarte Finds + More
Well gooooood morning sunshine and happy Friday to you! It’s been an exciting week around here because Colorado is officially in the process of re-opening. Obviously it’s going to be slow going for a while and some counties are still on lock-down, but businesses in our area finally get to open their doors again and things are headed in the right direction. And the most exciting part of all is that the real estate market is back!! Everything pretty much shut down over the last (almost) two months, so we haven’t been able to do much house hunting. But showings are allowed again so we are back at it. Now I’m constantly refreshing Realtor just waiting on that perfect property to show up. I’m praying it happens SOON and I’ll be sure to keep you guys updated on it all! Anyway, I wanted to pop in this morning and share a few of my favorites from the week!
Two weeks ago we got new bedding from Boll + Branch and it’s AMAZING. We got new sheets, a duvet cover, and a waffle knit blanket. Seriously, the sheets are the most incredible thing I’ve ever felt. It’s buttery soft. And it’s all organic cotton, which is a huge plus. I usually buy the cheapest bedding possible, so it’s been such a treat. I know they will last forever too! I even got a coupon code for you guys–you can use 20SARAHJOY for 20% off your entire order!! I pinky promise you will love it.
BED FRAME // RUG // BOTANICAL PRINTS // BENCH // LAMPS ARE HOBBY LOBBY
PAINT COLOR IS AGREEABLE GRAY BY SHERWIN WILLIAMS
A few nights ago I was browsing through the Tarte website and I noticed they are doing free shipping on pretty much everything! They actually have some amazing kits right now, which would be perfect for Mother’s Day. I rounded a few of the best kits here:
TARTE VALUE KITS + FREE SHIPPING:
I also rounded up some get faux tan essentials with free shipping:
Friday Five- Random Tidbits from the Week
- It was so nice and warm here this week, which was AMAZING. We spent a ton of time outside. Our tree swing is one of my favorite spots!
- Beeyond the Hive honey–I mentioned on IG recently that my best friend since high school has the cutest honey biz ever! It’s called Beeyond the Hive and she has the yummiest honey in the world. We love the creamed honey, honey sticks, and raw wildflower honey! She also does candles too, which would be super fun for Mother’s Day. You can use SARAHJOY for 20% off your order.
- I recently discovered Madeline Moves on IG and I’ve been doing her workouts all week long. They are so good! I even got her app and I love it. Perfect if you need some great at home workouts.
- We made a batch of my mom’s homemade play dough this week and it’s seriously the best play dough EVER. Super soft and it stays that way for months if you keep it in a ziplock bag. I shared the recipe in this post last summer.
- HOMEMADE PLAYDOUGH: Combine 3 cups flour, 1.5 cup salt, 6 tablespoons baby oil and 3 teaspoons cream of tarter in a boil. Mix thoroughly, then add 3 cups of water. Once combined, put in saucepan at medium heat and stir constantly. When hot, add food coloring of choice. Keep stirring until everything lumps together and forms into a large ball, then remove from heat (don’t over cook!). Put on cutting board and knead while hot until it cools down! Store in a ziplock bag or air tight container. It will last for months!
- I did a full review of the new Erin Condren 2020-2021 LifePlanner yesterday.
- Lots of great Mother’s Day gift ideas HERE.
- I hit 300K followers on IG this week! It was kinda surreal to see that number pop up and I immediately stopped what I was doing to thank God for blessing me with such a supportive and kind community. To think that 300,000 people follow my shenanigans on IG is crazy and beyond anything I even imagined possible for myself. God is good and I’ll always give Him the glory as often as I can. Every single day I thank Him for putting me on this path.
Well my friends, that’s a wrap for our Friday Five. As always, thank you so much for spending time with me here on the blog. I appreciate it every single day!! xoxo
Good Morning Sarah
I pray that you find that perfect house now. Nothing has opened up here in Canada yet, hoping soon. Stay safe and healthy. Your home now will sell so fast, it’s beautiful
Would like to try Tart but not quite sure how to get the right colors. Happy house hunting! Your house will sell quick . Your house is so beautiful.
Congrats on 300K Instagram followers! I love your blog and your instagram account. You are down to earth and upbeat! Keep doing what you are doing!
Sarah> Amy Guckenberger
thank you so much Amy, I really appreciate that!
I do look forward to your daily blogs. You inspire me🙏
Thank you for the honey ordering info. Just placed an order and cannot wait for it to come to Ohio where we live. Ironically my husband has reinvented a childhood passion of starting our own “Bee process” building his own honey And hive boxes and reading and studying everything bees lol, even drawing in his close family members to place bee boxes at their houses. His dad had a few hives when he was a kid and he has always been interested. We will see where it goes! Thanks for connecting us with another family business and we are looking forward to trying and supporting their products from across the country!
Sarah> Ginger Schwyn
That’s so cool Ginger! The bee process is really fascinating and there’s so much that goes into it. So happy to connect you with Jacy, they definitely know what they’re doing when it comes to bees!! xoxo
Hi Sarah! The link for the play dough recipe takes you to a Back to School post. I didn’t see the play dough recipe, did I miss it??
I’m sorry Kristen, that was my bad. I put in the wrong link. I fixed the link now! Here is the recipe for you:
HOMEMADE PLAYDOUGH: Combine 3 cups flour, 1.5 cup salt, 6 tablespoons baby oil and 3 teaspoons cream of tarter in a boil. Mix thoroughly, then add 3 cups of water. Once combined, put in saucepan at medium heat and stir constantly. When hot, add food coloring of choice. Keep stirring until everything lumps together and forms into a large ball, then remove from heat (don’t over cook!). Put on cutting board and knead while hot until it cools down! Store in a ziplock bag or air tight container. It will last for months!
So glad to hear from you this week. Everything is looking up in Colorado and I’m sure the right house/land will come available for your family soon. You’ve waited almost 2 months and as they say, “Patience is a virtue” and God has blessed you with such a lovely family, great business, and the love of God and you show it and tell it as well. So many people don’t talk about God or talk to God about our trials and tribulations. You do and I do and He will help you find the right place or maybe add to what you have????? I wish you a happy weekend and thanks for all your info on your blog site.
Wishing you luck on finding a new home and I always enjoy your blog.
Hurray on all of your followers! You deserve it–what an inspiration you are! I absolutely looooove the view you have from your backyard, I really hope you have the same in your NEW home! Wondering where you found that gorgeous shawl You probs already linked it…😬
Donna J Ryan
Sarah Joy…just love trying to keep up with your posts…love your style and the constant updating of what you have and recreating that look. It very inspiring.
I am not suprised of your followers and we are thrilled to be a part of your new house search. Continual Blessings to you and your Family.
Hi Sarah! In Indiana they still allowed showings etc. We sold our house in less than 48 hours. Our Realtor was amazing. He had disinfectant wipes; gloves; masks and booties for those coming into our home. It was the same process when we found our new home. I sure hope you find something wonderful. Thanks so much for your cheerful content. 🙂
love your bedroom colors..I also have Agreeable Gray! But often your selections are way over the normal persons budget! The linens are outrageously expensive for most folks! Please keep sharing more realistically priced items! Take care!
I totally hear you Amy! That bedding is expensive. And I never purchase bedding that expensive, I’m hoping it lasts for a VERY long time. But I’m all about the affordable items–those are my jam!
Tried to use 20SARAHJOY for Boll & Branch – won’t work. please advise.