Friday Five: House Hunting Update, Tarte Finds + More
Well gooooood morning sunshine and happy Friday to you! It’s been an exciting week around here because Colorado is officially in the process of re-opening. Obviously it’s going to be slow going for a while and some counties are still on lock-down, but businesses in our area finally get to open their doors again and things are headed in the right direction. And the most exciting part of all is that the real estate market is back!! Everything pretty much shut down over the last (almost) two months, so we haven’t been able to do much house hunting. But showings are allowed again so we are back at it. Now I’m constantly refreshing Realtor just waiting on that perfect property to show up. I’m praying it happens SOON and I’ll be sure to keep you guys updated on it all! Anyway, I wanted to pop in this morning and share a few of my favorites from the week!
Two weeks ago we got new bedding from Boll + Branch and it’s AMAZING. We got new sheets, a duvet cover, and a waffle knit blanket. Seriously, the sheets are the most incredible thing I’ve ever felt. It’s buttery soft. And it’s all organic cotton, which is a huge plus. I usually buy the cheapest bedding possible, so it’s been such a treat. I know they will last forever too! I even got a coupon code for you guys–you can use 20SARAHJOY for 20% off your entire order!! I pinky promise you will love it.
PAINT COLOR IS AGREEABLE GRAY BY SHERWIN WILLIAMS
A few nights ago I was browsing through the Tarte website and I noticed they are doing free shipping on pretty much everything! They actually have some amazing kits right now, which would be perfect for Mother’s Day. I rounded a few of the best kits here:
TARTE VALUE KITS + FREE SHIPPING:
I also rounded up some get faux tan essentials with free shipping:
Friday Five- Random Tidbits from the Week
- It was so nice and warm here this week, which was AMAZING. We spent a ton of time outside. Our tree swing is one of my favorite spots!
- Beeyond the Hive honey–I mentioned on IG recently that my best friend since high school has the cutest honey biz ever! It’s called Beeyond the Hive and she has the yummiest honey in the world. We love the creamed honey, honey sticks, and raw wildflower honey! She also does candles too, which would be super fun for Mother’s Day. You can use SARAHJOY for 20% off your order.
- I recently discovered Madeline Moves on IG and I’ve been doing her workouts all week long. They are so good! I even got her app and I love it. Perfect if you need some great at home workouts.
- We made a batch of my mom’s homemade play dough this week and it’s seriously the best play dough EVER. Super soft and it stays that way for months if you keep it in a ziplock bag. I shared the recipe in this post last summer.
- HOMEMADE PLAYDOUGH: Combine 3 cups flour, 1.5 cup salt, 6 tablespoons baby oil and 3 teaspoons cream of tarter in a boil. Mix thoroughly, then add 3 cups of water. Once combined, put in saucepan at medium heat and stir constantly. When hot, add food coloring of choice. Keep stirring until everything lumps together and forms into a large ball, then remove from heat (don’t over cook!). Put on cutting board and knead while hot until it cools down! Store in a ziplock bag or air tight container. It will last for months!
- I did a full review of the new Erin Condren 2020-2021 LifePlanner yesterday.
- Lots of great Mother’s Day gift ideas HERE.
- I hit 300K followers on IG this week! It was kinda surreal to see that number pop up and I immediately stopped what I was doing to thank God for blessing me with such a supportive and kind community. To think that 300,000 people follow my shenanigans on IG is crazy and beyond anything I even imagined possible for myself. God is good and I’ll always give Him the glory as often as I can. Every single day I thank Him for putting me on this path.
Well my friends, that’s a wrap for our Friday Five. As always, thank you so much for spending time with me here on the blog. I appreciate it every single day!! xoxo