This past week I took some much needed time off, which isn’t always the easiest thing for me to do. I’m just not a “time off” kinda gal. I mean, sure I can relax for an hour or two. But after that I start to get bored and antsy. I like doing things and staying busy, but that also means that I have a really hard time finding balance in my life. Especially as a blogger, it’s very difficult to find a way to “check out” from work. It’s not really possible when everything around you is work. That’s a blessing and a challenge all at the same time.
This year I want to do a much better job at finding balance in my life. So one of my goals is to take the first few days of each month completely off–no work, no phone, no nothing. Just family time and relaxation. I’m hoping I can stick to it!
Finding Balance- Taking Time Off
During my time off we spontaneously decided to bust the kids out of school and spend a night at Gaylord of the Rockies. We went in December and loved it so much, so the kids have been begging to go back. It was SO much fun to surprise them! Plus the place was practically empty. We were blessed with a gorgeous 60 degree day and sunshine, so the outdoor heated pool felt like HEAVEN. It was so good for my soul. Both the sunshine and the spontaneity.
RANDOM TIDBITS FROM THE WEEK:
- While finding balance, I read this book on my break and it was so good. It’s about how your every day life and attitude can be an offering back to God for His blessings. I really enjoyed it and got a lot out of it.
- This weekend for the Super Bowl we are making buffalo wings in our air fryer. We made them for the first time a few days ago and they were SO good! I’m also doing an ice cream sundae bar.
- I’ve been dreaming about a herringbone wall in my office. This is my inspo! I’m hoping we can tackle that project soon.
- I’m currently obsessed with these keto hazelnut cups. I want to eat the whole bag at once!
- Just ordered this round rug for our basement! I’m planning to put it under the swing.
- Lots of great Valentine’s Day decor and gifts ideas HERE.
Valentine’s Day finds from Amazon:
I also put together a huge roundup of decorative baskets. These are great for organization, but they also make beautiful pieces of decor. I decorate with baskets all over our home! Lots of options here from World Market, Amazon, Walmart and Target.
Shop the baskets:
Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a great weekend. xoxo