Well I’m getting this post up much later than I planned today because we had an unexpected trip the ER last night with my sweet little Aves. Right before bed she got her finger smashed in our back door (thanks to some very strong wind) and it was BAD. The cut was super deep, so we had to take her to the ER right away. Thankfully my in-laws were visiting, so they stayed with the older kiddos so my husband and I both could take her in. Poor little thing was so upset, but once we got checked into the ER she calmed down and was a total trooper. The x-ray showed no broken bones (thank you Lord!) but she needed four stitches and we left with a little splint on her finger. She was so brave the whole time and handled the entire process like a champ! I was so proud of her. Anyway, we are laying low today and spoiling her. She’s sitting next to me on the couch watching her favorite show, so I wanted to pop in quick to share a few favorites from the week!
THIS WEEK’S FAVORITES
- One of the things we had to leave at the old house was curtain rods, so I had to order a ton of new ones for the house this week. My all-time favorite curtain rod is this one from Target. It’s very sturdy and easy to hang! Plus I love the industrial look. The mat underneath is from Michael’s, but here’s a similar one on Amazon.
- Anyone else ready for fall candles?! I’m not ready to decorate for fall, but I’m all about the fall scents. Antique Candle Co just launched a huge fall bundle of six candles and it includes my candle, Warm Caramel Crumble! This set would make a great gift–you could divide them up. You can also snag WCC in bundles HERE.
- I picked up this doormat at Target yesterday and I thought it was perfect for our new home.
- I’m anxiously waiting to get chickens! I don’t know if it would be a good idea to get them now with the temperatures getting cooler soon, or if I should wait until next spring. Still working on getting a chicken house and barn too! Hopefully soon.
- This awesome three piece kit from Tarte is currently $45 on QVC right now! I have the eyeshadow palette in this kit and it’s amazing.
- My favorite fleece jacket is on sale! I’e had one of these in black for a few years now, but I just ordered one in a pretty soft tan color.
- I ordered a few weeks of Home Chef meals to have during the move and it’s been so nice. I love the convenience of it, especially during a busy season. And I finally have a new coupon code too! You can use SARAHJOY60 for $60 off.
- This week I’ve very into organizing. One of my goals for the new house is to get organization set in place now, from the get-go. Hopefully if I start now I can keep things more organized on a daily basis. I worked on my makeup drawers this week with these little organizer cubes from Amazon. I loved them so much I just ordered this set to do more!
Thanks for dropping by today!! Hope you have a great weekend. See you back here soon! xo