The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Happpppy Friday my friends! Today I’m so excited to be sharing the very best gluten free chocolate chip banana bread ever. Seriously guys, I’m not just saying that. This stuff is AMMMMMMMAAAAZZZZING. This is the most delicious banana bread I’ve ever had and it’s super easy to throw together. Everyone in our family absolutely loves it, even my kiddos go crazy for it. None of us are allergic to gluten, but my husband and I do try to eat gluten free when we can–we just feel better overall when we avoid it. But I will say we are super picky about gluten free food. It has to actually taste good for us to eat it more than once. I found this recipe years ago and I’ve adapted it over time, tweaking it here and there until it was perfect for our tastes. I’ve made this over and over and over again, it’s just that good. It’s super moist, sweet but not too sweet and perfect with a cup of hot coffee!
The Best Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups almond flour (I recommend Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate chips, depending on how sweet you want it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Combine the bananas, eggs, vanilla, honey and melted butter. Mix on low for 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients: almond flour, salt, and baking soda. Once combined, slowly add into wet ingredients until well blended. Once blended pour in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean–sometimes this may take up to 70 minutes or so depending on your elevation. Then let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
I absolutely love baking and this is by far one of my favorite recipes. Plus I figure since I’m using almond flour instead of regular flour it’s at least somewhat healthy, right? And that means I can have two slices instead of just one. Maybe even a little smattering of butter on top. I think that sounds reasonable.
Well friends, I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it! It’s really so easy to throw together. Gluten free or not, I have a good feeling you are going to LOVE it.
Pin for later!