I’m sitting on our plane back from Florida right now, listening to my faith playlist and feeling extra grateful for the last week we just had at the beach. I honestly can’t believe the trip is over–the time went by so fast! It was such an amazing trip and I’m soooooo glad we went. My big goal this summer was to overcome my fear of flying so we could take our family on a much needed vacation. And you guys, I DID IT. Thank you, God! He helped me overcome that fear and I’m just so thankful. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to share a few photos and also give a review of our stay at Sandestin in Miramar Beach.
The water in Florida is absolutely stunning. I still can’t get over how perfect the sand is–it’s like white sugar. And the water is emerald green. Plus it’s actually warm! We all LOOOOOVED it. It was hands down the most beautiful beach I’ve ever seen.
We stayed at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort in Miramar Beach. The place is huge with a ton of room options, but we decided to stay in their Osprey Pointe condos. We went with a three bedroom condo, which was perfect. We had plenty of room to spread out, plus there was a huge wrap-around patio. And best of all, there was a full kitchen and washer + dryer, which we actually used a ton!
PS: this is not sponsored by Sandestin, we paid for 100% of everything on our trip!
What We Loved:
- Our condo was super clean and the place was beautiful.
- Close to good restaurants (Cantina Laredo was our favorite!) and only a few minute drive to a nice grocery store.
- Full kitchen, including dishes and pans.
- The condo had a washer and dryer, so we were able to do all our laundry and keep up with wet towels from the beach.
- It was really quiet in our condo (not like when you stay at a hotel and hear all the people walking above you/watching tv/talking loudly). We had no issues sleeping at night–we never heard anyone in the condos around us!
- Towels were included with our stay.
- Our condo was much affordable than renting a house in Seaside, which is what I originally tried to do when we booked our trip. (Seaside is about a 25 minute drive down the road.)
- Lots of last minute availability. I only booked our trip about 6 weeks in advance.
What We Didn’t Love:
- There really wasn’t anything about the condo we didn’t love. Honestly, our biggest issue was the distance to the beach–the condos aren’t on the beach side of the property, which is a bummer. Thankfully we had a rental car, so it was only a few minute drive (Sandestin also has a tram you can take) but it was still a hassle to load the kids up in the car and drive to the beach each day. Our car was covered with sand by the end of the week!
- The Sandestin beach was super crowded and very busy. The first two days weren’t too bad, but it got more and more crowded as the week went on. It was beautiful, but just way too many people for our liking. (Obviously we were there during peak season! We were told it’s less crowded in the fall.)
Getting to Sandestin
From Denver, we flew into Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP) airport and rented an SUV to drive to Sandestin. I gotta rave about that airport–we had a great experience there! It is small, but really well organized. The rental car check-in was directly in front of baggage claim, which was super convenient. On the way back, it only took us 30 minutes to get through check-in and security. The drive from the airport to Sandestin was about 45 minutes.
Well I hope that helps if you’re thinking about a trip to Florida or Sandestin! Let the know if you have any questions, I’m happy to help. xoxo