Are we tired of all the organizing posts yet?! I sure hope not because I’m back today with another one. But I have to be honest, I was stumped on which space in our home to organize for this week’s Organize With Me post. I kept going back and forth on what I wanted to do, which left me completely stumped. Finally yesterday afternoon, in true-last-minute-Sarah-fashion, I decided to focus on kids toy storage. I thought it would be fun and (hopefully) helpful to share five of my go-to toy storage tips!
FIVE KIDS TOY STORAGE IDEAS
1. Use a large wall rack to store books–I have two of these wall racks now and they’re so useful. You get a ton of storage without taking up any floor space. This is especially helpful in a small room! And I like that it mounts to the wall, so I don’t have to worry about it falling over.
2. Utilize space under the bed for extra storage–Aves room is pretty small, so I like to use long, short baskets to organize toys under her bed. These baskets are a great size!
3. Get a large toy chest for bulky toys–My son has lots of dinosaur toys and they’re all super bulky, which makes them difficult to store in normal baskets. I got this large, old fashioned toy chest and it works perfectly. This thing holds a ton of stuff!
4. Look for cubby style furniture–any kind of bookcase or cabinet you can find with cubbies is a total win for kiddos. All of my kids have cabinets with cubby storage in their rooms. There are endless ways to organize toys, books, or even clothes with cubbies! The cubby we have in my daughter’s room is old, but I love this corner shelf.
5. Use covered baskets to store toys in the living room–Any toys that make their way out to the living room get stored in these large baskets. I love these because they store a TON, but they also double as decor. That’s a win-win kinda situation.
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. I hope this maybe gave you a few ideas for storing toys in your home! Be sure to check out my other organizing posts HERE.
Also here are a few kids storage finds I rounded up:
AFFORDABLE KIDS ORGANIZATION FINDS:
Giraffe Laundry Basket (theses are great for stuffed animals!)