Anyone in the mood to pack up Christmas decor?! I know it’s probably a bit early for some of you, but I always pack everything up the day after Christmas. It’s how my mom always did it when I was young and now I love doing it too. I crave that feeling of a clean and de-cluttered house once Christmas day is over. But as always, I say do what works best for you! If you wanna leave it up until mid January or heck, maybe even Valentine’s Day, I say go for it. Who cares?! All that matters is you are happy. Anyway, just in case some of you are ready to start packing things up too, I thought it would be fun to share my easy Christmas decor storage process. I tried a new strategy this year and it worked really well!
My Easy Christmas Decor Storage Process
- Move everything to one room first. To start the packing process, this year I decided to walk through every room in our home and move all of the holiday decor to our front room. Once I had everything in one room I could start organizing it. This part was super helpful!
- Group decor together by category. Once I had everything in one space, I’m able to easily group things together by category. For example, I put all of the pillows together, all of the mini trees, wreaths, stockings, signs, all of the garland, etc.
- Get rid of what you don’t want anymore. Before I started packing up anything, I looked through each category and get rid of what I don’t love anymore. Don’t hang on to anything you don’t want to use again!
- Put storage bins in a row and fill by category. I lined up all of my storage bins and then filled them by category. Last year I filled bins by room, but this year I decided to put all of the pillows together, all of the stockings together, etc.
- Use storage bags for large bulky items. I absolutely love using these storage bags from Amazon for my larger, bulky decor like wreaths, garlands, and holiday stems. And they even work for my smaller Christmas trees. I was able to fit several of my three foot trees in one bag. They are awesome!! I also use this handy storage box for my ornaments.
This year I bought a variety of garland that tangles super easily, so I wrapped them around hangers for easy storage. I know it looks ridiculous, but there will be no knots or tangles over here!
I gotta be honest with you–I don’t consider myself to be a very organized person. In fact, my husband would probably argue that I’m the exact opposite of organized. But I feel like I’ve finally figured out an easy Christmas decor storage process that works well for me. It’s nothing fancy, but it’s simple and effective. And what more could you want in life?! I mean, besides calorie free ice cream. Obviously.
Thanks so much for dropping by!! Here are a few other similar posts you might want to check out: