A Fun Reading Nook Update, Beauty Favorites + More
Well we finally made it to Friday. High five guys!! It’s been a busy week over here, but also kind of a big one because my sweet baby girl officially hit the big 9 month mark on Monday. And I was on an emotional rollercoaster all day long. For some reason nine months always feels like a big deal to me–it’s like the last big milestone before their first birthday and it just makes me emotional. I can’t help but feel a tinge of sadness because I want to keep her little forever. I honestly feel like tearing up just thinking about the fact that she’ll be one year before I know it. It’s definitely bittersweet, but despite all the emotions, I really do love this age. She’s crawling, eating tons of food, and she even got her first tooth this past week. It’s so fun to see her personality start to shine and she’s just the sweetest thing. Plus we finally got past a lot of her eczema and sleep issues–thank you Lord–so she’s usually a happy, happy baby. I have to keep myself from kissing her face off every day. Maybe I’ll share an update on her and how it’s been adjusting to three kids if you guys want to see that–just let me know. But today is all about Friday Favorites. I made a fun change to our reading nook that I’m excited to share and as always I have a random mix of other things to chat about!
A Fun Update in the Reading Nook
Sooooooo a few days ago I was piddling around the house with the girls when I randomly decided to move our gather sign into the reading nook. It was sitting on the mantel in our front room and to be honest, that spot just never really felt like the right fit. So I grabbed it and hung it up in the nook and I am loooooving it here!
I also wanted to add a bit more color to this nook, so I decided to wrap this striped lightweight throw blanket around the seat cushion. The cushion is a light cream color, so it wasn’t really adding much pizzazz to this spot and this little blanket trick was the perfect solution. It totally changed the look and it was a super simple fix!
A Few Beauty Favorites
I noticed IT Cosmetics is having their big Friends and Family Sale. Orders over $30 are marked down 25% + free shipping with the code FRIENDS2018. I’ve raved about my obsession with several of their products in the past, so I thought I’d share three of my favorites!
I think I first shared my love of this product about a year ago, but it’s still one of my absolute favorites foundations. It’s technically a CC Cream, but it’s full coverage and it’s jam packed with tons of anti-aging goodness. Plus it has sunscreen, which is super important. I wear this stuff constantly and I LOOOOOOVE it.
I picked up this Bye Bye Pores Finishing Powder about three weeks ago now (I actually shared it in IG stories) and now I am obsessed. It not only makes my makeup last longer, but it helps it looks so much more smooth. It definitely minimizes the appearance of pores too and it gives a very airbrushed look to the skin. This is a MUST HAVE.
This under eye concealer is a magic worker. It’s full coverage, but I feel like it still has a very glowy/dewy look to it, which I really love because it’s not drying at all. I raved about this product in my favorite makeup post a while back, but I still use it. One tube has lasted me months and months because a little goes a loooooong way.
Other tidbits from the week:
- A few days ago I shared my picks from the new Opalhouse collection. Well I totally caved and picked up a few things for the house. I got a pair of these oversized pillows and I absolutely LOVE them. I got mine in cream, but they come in several different colors.
- I also got these bowls. They’re SO darn cute and perfect for the kids because they’re plastic. I grabbed four of them and I also picked up several of these cups.
- I started reading this book a few days ago and so far I’m really loving it. I’ve heard a lot of good things about it, so I’m excited to get into it more. I’ll be sure to share what I think when I finish it.
- Did you hear about the big Hunter launch happening Saturday at Target? It’s gotten a TON of buzz and I hear it’s all supposed to sell out insanely fast. I’m just hoping I can snag a pair of these boots before they’re gone!
- The weather has been warming up lately (hallelujah!) so we’ve already done a few BBQs with the kids. I found this burger recipe and I’ve made it several times now. It’s so darn good and SO easy.
- I was browsing on Etsy the other day and I found this amazing little shop that makes custom framed quotes. I thought it was so unique and a great gift idea. You know, Mother’s day is ONE MONTH FROM TODAY. Eeeek! Check out this post if you need some really sweet and thoughtful gift ideas.
Thanks so much for stopping in and hanging out with me today. Now go have an awesome weekend and I’ll see you back here sooooon! xo