Well hello there and happpppppy Friday to you! Did this week fly by for anyone else?! I don’t know how it’s already Friday, but I’m not complaining. It was a good week over here for the most part. But I did avoid watching the news as much as possible because my heart just can’t take the hate anymore. It’s crazy times we are living, so I’m just trying hard to focus on my little family and what I can control. Also lots of praying. Anyway, I wanted to share a fun Friday Five post today and just chat about some random things from the week. First up, a few days ago I painted my Arhaus mirror in the dining room black and I LOVE it! And it turned out even better than I expected. Here’s how it looked before:
And after with three coats of black exterior paint:
So much better, right?! It totally pops now. And I love how it matches the black chairs. Such a good change!!
DINING ROOM SOURCES:
RANDOM TIDBITS FROM THE WEEK
- I’ve seen a lot of chat about 2021 interior design trends lately. And honestly, I have mixed feeling about it. On one hand, it’s nice to see what’s popular and up-‘n-coming in the design world. Maybe you can get a few fresh ideas for your home. But on the other hand, I see trends simply as opinions that come and go. I mean at one point, the trend was shag carpet and tile countertops. Oh and remember those giant glass block walls in bathrooms?! It all comes and goes, so I’ve never been big on designing my home based on “rules”. My motto is, do what you LOVE in your home and don’t worry about what’s on trend.
- The bathroom vanity I got for our basement in 40% off right now!! I LOVE this vanity so much. It’s exactly what I was looking for and it’s even better in person–highly recommend!!
- I’m putting together a play area for the kids and I just ordered this cute little table. I will definitely share once I have the space done!
- Favorite perfume lately.
- I’m getting really bored with my usual at-home workouts. I want to get a Peloton bike, but holy smokes–they’re pricey. If you know of any good alternatives let me know!
- SO excited for all the good football games on this weekend. Planning to make my favorite dip.
- I haven’t been loving my new Erin Condren planner lately, which is a total bummer. But the hourly layout I chose just isn’t working for me. So I just picked up this planner at Target and I already love it! It has a very similar layout, but without the hourly day. Plus it’s a fraction of the price!
Sales This Weekend:
- Abercrombie is doing a 60% off clearance sale
- Target has furniture and decor 25% off
- Nordstrom 40-70% off sale!
- American Eagle has a 60% off clearance sale
- Aerie has 60% off clearance + an extra 10% off
- Seasonal flavored CBD drops are 40% plus free shipping at Equilibria + SARAHJOY takes another 15% off.
- Home Depot has a Bath Event with vanities and fixtures 40% off!
Thanks for dropping by today!! Hope you have a great weekend. xo